SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northspruce

Lilies 2007

northspruce
17 years ago

Hey, anyone got any big lily plans this year? I'm scaling back due to a lack of sun in my yard... looking more for heucheras, ligularia, hostas etc. now.

But I have a Lily Nook voucher so I'm going to give their 'Oriental Collection' a go. I really like the look of MUSCADET, WILLEKE ALBERTI & DIZZY, then the other three are just a couple of bucks more so why not?

How about everyone else?

Comments (85)

• debbiecz3
    17 years ago

Hi Brenda. I belong to the West Kildonan Hort Club in Winnipeg. Are you from the Brandon area? How did you enjoy the convention? I loved hearing Sara Williams speak and also Dr. Herman from North Dakota. It was a lot of fun and the Dauphin club did a great job I thought. Next year I hope to be able to go to Brandon.
    As far as my lily bulbs, I checked on them yesterday and they are already sprouting; the martagon is already about 2 inches tall so I've potted it up. How deep should I plant them in the pot and what size pot should I use?

• plantaddict487
    17 years ago

Hi Debbie,

For the martagon that has sprouted, I'd use a 2 gallon pot and leave it in the pot till fall. At that time you can plant it in the ground. In order not to disturb it, you might want to plant everything, soil mix and all from the pot. Might save some time in establishing. Other bulbs, asiatics, etc. can be planted in 6, 8 or 1 gallon pots depending on how long you plan to leave them in the pots. You can get them growing in a small pot and then plant them any time after frost danger is passed. I usually use 1 gallon pots and leave them in the pots till fall.

HTH,

BJ in SW MB

• Related Discussions

2007 WEST Tailgate Swap: Sunday May 27, 2007

Q

Comments (47)
    Hiya! Been so busy haven't had time to check this thread. Didn't get to arrange any trades with anyone. Hope I can bring stuff that people would want. I have stuff like: lavender mums, white bleeding heart, sundrops, variegated artemesia, geranium of unknown name, purple flowered lamium, some 2nd year echinacea seedlings and some seedlings I've grown this year. Well, if all goes okay and I have time after my daughter's b-day party will pot some things up, and come along tomorrow. Ciao for now, Trish
    ...See More

The cutting garden 2007 - a little tour

Q

Comments (7)
    Ah, I'm missing summertime... Sierra, I prefer the Rocket snaps only because they are somewhat taller. The Ribbon bloomed a little earlier and were also nice colours. Either are long lasting as cuts. A trick to them is to always keep them upright - they're tips will turn up toward the light if you lay them them down, even for a little while. This tends to drive me somewhat NUTS!! Cut when the bottom 1/3 of the florets are open and strip all foliage from below the water line and they should last a week. They're a popular bouquet and I'll be growing at least 2 and maybe 3 beds of them this year, staggering their maturity dates. We don't have a florist in town (which tends to get me a-thinkin'!) and the sad little overpriced bouquets at the grocery store leave too much to be desired so I rarely have fresh flowers in the house in winter. You're right, they're not the same - in the first place there is usually absolutely no scent - may as well put silk flowers in a vase! Hot Biscuits with sunflowers go well, as do Velvet Curtains. My personal favorite is just sunflowers, though, either a mix or all the same kind but without filler. I've posted some pics of my Christmas crafts over on the conversations forum. Here is a link that might be useful: link to crafts post
    ...See More

Lilies 2007

Q

Comments (88)
    It is amazing at how many different kinds and colors of lilies we at Far North all have between us. We need to set up an exchange forum just for the Far North. Shelley, I checked the Cosmic Blast. I got a few small bulbs of it a few years ago from a friend and I think I should be able to dig out and divide this fall when I plan on dividing a lot of lilies for the Farmer's Market. The stalks are short and it is not planted in the most ideal condition in the yard so it needs to be moved. I should be able to get you a bulb(s) at that time or in spring. A few more lilies blooming. Purchased this spring and still in pots not planted into the garden are... Carmine Diamond... Elodie... Kentucky... Indian Diamond... In the garden are... Ace of Spades Couronne D'or Royal Star Sunray Brenda
    ...See More

Lilies August 2007

Q

Comments (48)
    I hope so Laurie! That's it, I will never order live plants or lily bulbs again from Veseys. Here's an unknown that is blooming today, its definitely an Asiatic. ItÂs probably blooming late because I moved a bunch of lily bulbs from an area that had too much shade last fall. There is a Moonstruck tag near it, but MS is white. Any ideas? Sharon
    ...See More
  • monacda
    17 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and just love this lily thread.

Xtreme gardener - you might just get a few leaves from your lilies the first year but the 2nd they will take off. I notice many single leaves (self-seeded) in my lily patch and have to always be careful not to disturb them when cleaning up.

Here is a link to some of my lilies, very addictive things.

Mona

Here is a link that might be useful: MonaCda's Lilies

• monacda
    17 years ago

Sorry should have linked to this album - it has more of the pics named. Mona

Here is a link that might be useful: 2nd Lily Album

• northspruce
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Mona, welcome to the forum, it's great to have so many Manitobans these days! :0) Your lily album is beautiful, I am so excited to get 'Muscadet' now. Your pic is even nicer than the Lily Nook's. 'Arena' is beautiful too.

Check out our Gallery if you haven't already, and feel free to add pics if you want.
    Gillian

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Welcome Mona! Always glad to have another Manitoban a board!

You've got some lovely lilies there. You seem to have better luck with the orientals than I do. ;^)

Laurie

• xtreme_gardener
    17 years ago

Mona, Thanks for your thoughts and welcome. I'll have to mark them well when I plant them, for sure. It's so easy to get carried away with clean up sometimes and forget what's there!

Great pictures, BTW.

• catt_2006
    17 years ago

I really love lilies...they are so beautiful. However I don't like tending with the lily beetle. I only have three lilies in my garden so far. My friend who has tons of lilies had lily beetles really bad last year. I didn't see any on mine but I am afraid that if I get more..I will get them.

do others who love lilies contend with these pests? If so how do you do it.

• catt_2006
    17 years ago

Beautiful lilies Mona....Thank you for the pictures and welcome

• monacda
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone. Northspruce most of my lilies are from the Lily Nook.

Catt...shhh...no beetles here...yet...don't want to alert them to my location LOL.

Mona

• sierra_z2b
    17 years ago

Hi Mona, How goes it? I see your garden is as lovely as ever. Very nice! Thanks for sharing your photos.

Sierra ;-)

• marciaz3 Tropical 3 Northwestern Ontario
    17 years ago

Mona, i don't think you have enough lilies. Definitely not. :>

Gorgeous!

• sazzyrose
    17 years ago

Very pretty Mona. Looking at others gardens makes me want the snow to go away.

Shelley

• valleyrimgirl
    17 years ago

Mona, love the lilies, especially 'arena'.

Debbie, yes, I am from the Brandon area. I am a member of the Westman Garden Club and really enjoyed the convention as always. This year I was only able to stay until noon on Saturday because of other previous commitments (like flying to Florida the next day).

Dr. Herman was so interesting it was a shame that we couldn't view his newly developed shrubs and trees. For those who weren't at the convention and are reading this post, Dr. Herman is from North Dakota and has made many many new introductions of shrubs, junipers and trees for the prairies over the years. He presented a slide show of 36 new introductions already for sale at nurseries on the prairies and had another whole set of slides of things that he was working on. If it weren't for men like him we wouldn't have all the new shrubs and trees and perennials that we have available for us to plant in our landscaping.

Brenda

• savona
    17 years ago

Hello mona..It is nice to see you pop in here.I have to tell the far north gardeners what a fun garden pal you are :-)..savona

• plantaddict487
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,

Gasp, shock, pick me up off the floor!!! Where are you cat2006? Lily beetles are very scary and so far we don't think they can over winter in Zone 2 and 3 but they are definitely spending their summers in various Manitoba locations so the Manitoba Regional Lily Society is really on the look out for anyone who spots them in their garden.

Would appreciate hearing back from you.

BJ in SW MB

• catt_2006
    17 years ago

I am in southern manitoba....Portage la prairie area. My friend is an avid gardener and she was quite devastated...(as were her lilies) to find these evil things in her garden last summer. We took a trip up to the lily festival and stopped by the lily nook where she asked about the bugs but they did not have any in Neepawa. My lilies did not have any (but like I said, I only have three). I want to dedicate one of my gardens to lilies but am afraid. Maybe they won't be back next year...maybe it was a fluke.

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Well, let's just hope that -30 cold snap we had at the beginning of the month did in all those little buggers! Portage is just way too close for my comfort zone(and my lilies comfort zone too!). Very scary.......

• verenap
    17 years ago

Yikes! I'd never heard of them before, so I looked them up. I can't say I liked what I found, though it sounds like (for now) they're more in the east. For anyone else who's never seen the rotten little critters here are some pictures of the various stages. I know I'll be keeping an eye open from now on!

Lily Beetle eggs:
    {{gwi:730762}}

Lily Beetle larva:
    {{gwi:730764}}

Larva with it's dung on it's back:
    {{gwi:730766}}

Adult Lily Beetle (Squish on sight):
    {{gwi:730768}}

Photo credits: ReillyÂs Country Gardens, Ottawa, Ontario
    http://www.rcgardens.ca/factsheets/factsheets/neem.html

Verena

• plantaddict487
    17 years ago

Unfortunately, the lily beetle has been spotted in Portage la Prairie for a few years now and a couple of sightings were made in Winnipeg this past summer. The MRLS will be running another telephone line in Portage la Prairie where we are asking that people phone in and report the little beastie. Someone will then call you back and may even visit your garden to verify then help you out with some suggestions for control measures. If we can get these guys before they become established we may have a chance of getting rid of them before they do too terribly much damage. I'll get you the telephone number, cat2006, and post it. I think it becomes effective as of March 1st but I'll check and let you know.

BJ in SW MB (who is also on the lily society board of directors and has a vested interest in lily beetle eradication!!!)

• plantaddict487
    17 years ago

Hello, everyone.

The hot line telephone number is 204-856-0844. It will be reestablished on April 01/07. So if you see these wee nasty beasties, please call the number and report the sighting. Better yet, join the MRLS in Portage on April 7th for our spring seminar which is being held in Portage at the CanadInn. Lots of great speakers (including one on the lily beetle), lily bulbs and great company, all for $20.

BJ in SW MB

• catt_2006
    17 years ago

Thank you so much plant addict. I phoned my friend and gave her the number and we will also be attending the Seminar on the 7th. How do we sign up/get a ticket or do you just show up and pay at the door. Also what time does it start.
    Thank you.

• plantaddict487
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,

I checked with the president of the Manitoba Regional Lily Society and was told that anyone can attend the seminar in Portage even if they aren't members of the society. All you need to do is give me your names privately and I can reserve your spot. You would then come to the CanadInn at 8 a.m. April 7th and pay your $20.

Also on the program besides the lily beetle is a bulb sale and a speaker from the US on his hybridizing work between martagons and asiatic lilies. I've seen it before and some of the things this guy (David Sims) is coming up with are amazing!

It will be a great day to start off the 2007 gardening season.

You can reserve your spot at the seminar by writing me at jacksonb@brandonu.ca

Thanks,

BJ in SW MB

• monacda
    17 years ago

Thanks for the welcome.

Marcia - Actually I am kinda lilied-out but then I see another one I have to have and....well yes have to say I am lilied out!!

Catt - didn't hear of the beetle in the Peg but not surprised. Sure hope the winter does take care of them.

Sazzy - I would love for my 4 feet of snow to go too!!! The sooner the better!!!

BJ - does the MRLS have a list of locations available to the public? Would be good to know where they have been sighted.

Sierra, goes good thanks. u?

Savona good to see you bud - got the stove started yet??

Mona

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

My income tax cheque came in, guess what I'm treating myself with today ;)

Valley K Greenhouse

Asiatic Megan (3)
    Asiatic Oklahoma City
    Asiatic Tropical Breeze
    LA Original Love
    LA Red Alert
    OT Northern Star
    OT Urandi

Check out Tropical Breeze, it sure is a beauty!

Sharon

Here is a link that might be useful: ValleyK/ Plantlilies.com

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

Tropical Breeze is really nice Sharon! I wonder if it's classed with the tangos or not?

Well, I think I've finally narrowed down my Lily Nook order to:

Asiatic 'Black Out' (you talked me into this one Gillian!)
    Asiatic 'Jive'
    Asiatic 'Navarra'
    LA 'Ice Diamond'
    OA 'Elegant Crown'
    OT 'Visa Versa'
    OT 'Urandi'
    OT 'Zagora'
    LO 'Triumphator'
    Species L. cernuum album

I hope I have enough room for them all. :0)

• plantaddict487
    17 years ago

Hi Mona,

As far as I know, no list exists of the locations of lily beetle sightings. That said, however, we have had reports from Portage la Prairie area for years (in and around it) and last year a few sightings in Winnipeg (I don't know what part of the city). To my knowledge, that is the extent of their infiltration into Manitoba so far. So, we have a great opportunity to get rid of the wee beasties if we can keep them confined, educate the people about them, and come up with effective controls without nasty chemicals. John Rempel, Chair of the MRLS Research Committee will be making a presentation about the lily beetle project at the spring seminar in Portage, April 7th.

BJ in SW MB

17 years ago

I haven't contributed to this thread as yet. But as you know, i ALWAYS have lily plans!! It just takes a lot of dreaming and coordinating that with that nasty thing called a budget. Finally i have made a list from the Lily Nook:

Lavender Ballerina
    Fata Morgana (this one keeps catching my eye, so i had to buy it!)
    Jive
    Pink Superior
    Sugar Jewel
    Elegant Crown
    Sunny Crown
    Robina
    Visa Versa
    Muscadet
    African Queen
    Amethyst Temple
    Golden Sunburst

There were about 10 more i wanted but............ :( Hah - but maybe i'll order them in the fall!!

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Laurie, Tropical Breeze in not registered? Have you noticed that there is so many Tangos nowadays and I'm sure they'll be more variations to come ;)

Anyone grow L. canadense coccineum in their garden?

Sharon

• Laurie_z3_MB
    17 years ago

I wonder where the name "tango" came from? Is it just marketing again that makes it more desirable? I did a google search on tango lilies and there's so many different collections that come up. In one place they had listed 'Kentucky' as a tango, whereas the Lily Nook has it classified as a LA hybrid. Have they just made up a new group name for any lily that has heavy speckling in the center? It seems funny that this new group name has only come out this year, yet Dot.Com has been around for a few years. Weird.

• maryleesk
    17 years ago

Hey everyone! back to the University of Saskatchewan Lily, we have just finished packaging 2,000 bulbs available only at 'Gardenscape 2007' Prairie Land Exhibition location. Hope to see you there. This is a very hardy lily, good for our northern landscapes. The bulbs grow very quickly so you'll be quite pleased how easy it is to propagate. Go to the U of S website for a chance to win a lily bulb and see a picture. Marylee

• Crazy_Gardener
    17 years ago

Welcome to the FN forum Marylee!

Wish I could attend, but my job always interferes with my gardening!

Pick me thou for the draw ;)

Sharon

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Shelley, I read your Yahoo email at the Iris group about your mislabeled Lilies from Veseys, when will they ever learn! I wonder how much $ they lose in sales from credits/ refunds.
    My Lilies that I ordered from Veseys this spring haven't opened yet, but I'll be watching very closely!

Btw....I noticed that The Lily Nook is updated for fall orders ;)

I'm placing an order with Parkland Perennials and still waiting for Valley K to updater thier website too.

Darm, a nice man from way up north sent me a ton of seed this spring and I'll planning on starting some this fall (some need a cold period), should be exciting.

Anyone new to the forum, please come visit our Far North Gallery, lots of lilies and other plant photos to see ;)

Happy Gardening!
    Sharon

• sazzyrose
    16 years ago

Sharon, I believe that most gardeners do not complain or even notice that they have mislabeled items. But us diehards want what we order. At least I do anyways.
    If they do not credit then it's false advertising.

Shelley

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Drool, drool, drool.....

I take no responsibility if you drool all over your keyboard!

Here is a link that might be useful: Enter at your own risk!

• sazzyrose
    16 years ago

So who all has lilies ordered again for this fall? I'm trying something different this year. I'm mostly ordering one of each variety.
    From Plantlilies I have ordered the following.
    Products
    1 x Red Tristar
    1 x June Bride
    1 x Marseille
    3 x AB Bi-color
    1 x Virginia
    1 x Indian Brave
    1 x Edith
    1 x Flirt
    1 x Red Artiste
    1 x Plum Crazy
    1 x Caliente
    1 x Pretty Girl
    1 x Pink Pixie
    1 x Petit Pink
    1 x Lillass
    1 x Vanguard
    1 x Condamine
    1 x Heather's Promise
    1 x Striptease
    1 x Snowy Owl
    1 x Red Ticklers
    1 x Midnight Passion
    1 x Fairest
    1 x Connecticut Beauty
    1 x Prairie Jewel
    1 x Winter Ballet
    1 x Tiny Ghost
    1 x Tiny Todd
    1 x l. henryi
    1 x Elgrado

And I have ordered these from Parkland Perennials.
    3 x Royal Sunset
    3 x Rosepoint Lace
    1 x Garden Bouquet
    1 x Moonbaby

From Veseys(although I'm wondering if I should have because of all of the mislabeling)
    3 x Tiger Rose
    3 x Spring Pink

Ahhh. My bed will be getting bigger and bigger.

Shelley

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

My, you sure will be busy this fall planting! But what a lovely bed you'll have next summer....

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Shelley, I thought you already have Heather's Promise?

Well, I kind of went nuts this year! But heck I have a legitimate reason, I have that big field to fill up. ;)

Parkland Perennials
    L. pumilum
    L. duchartrei
    L. tsingtauense
    Martagon Claude Shride
    AA Silky Bells
    LA Rodeo

Asiatic
    Affection
    Delta
    Dorijo
    Earlibird
    Frosty Star
    Khanbalic
    Melissa Jamie
    Moonbaby
    Parfait Frost
    Parisienne
    Rosepoint Lace
    Selina

Valley K Greenhouse
    Asiatic
    Apricot Glow
    Barber 17
    Angela North
    Bright Eyes
    Celine
    Corsage
    Black Eyed Cindy
    Gayle's Favorite
    Lady Dawn
    Northern Lights
    Red Artiste
    Redskin
    Robinson's Comet
    Silverwood
    Striptease
    OT Scheherazade
    Alex 8
    Aurora
    Condamine
    Coppertone
    Denia
    FF88 Select
    Milano
    Overlooked
    Philos
    Port Alberni Tiger
    Regatta
    Royal Love
    Soprano
    Stroynaya
    Tiger Babies
    Wine Pixie
    Black Jack
    l. tigrinum var. flore pleno
    Orange Art
    Prairie Pink
    Pretty Girl
    Pup Art
    Tokyo

Lily Nook
    Northern Carillon OT
    Orania OT

Asiatic
    China
    Electric
    Electric Yellow
    Mango Tango
    Miss Alice
    Summer Tan

Martagons
    CADENSE
    DALHANSONI
    GAYBIRD
    HANTSING
    TSINGENSE

S-W Gardens
    Asiatic
    Ariadne
    Beaudacious
    Cathedral Windows
    Red Velvet
    Sally Jo Ann
    White Lace

Trumpet White Henryi
    OT Leslie Woodriff

Sharon

• Laurie_z3_MB
    16 years ago

Sharon, are you absolutely sure you'll have enough lilies? That seems like such a short list!;^)

I've only got martagons 'Gaybird' and 'Dalhansoni', and asiatic 'Cappucino' on order. There's always a big lily sale in Brandon at the end of September, so I may pop in there too.

16 years ago

I did my Lily Nook order late last night when my resistance was low. :)

Asiatics
    Evina
    Fantasy
    Giraffe
    Merry Spring
    Saidja

Trumpet
    African Queen (mine died in the ground this summer)

LA Hybrid
    Champagne Diamond

Martagons
    Dalhansoni
    L. Tsingtauense
    Gaybird

Now i have to get an area ready for planting them!

• sazzyrose
    16 years ago

Sharon,I did order Heathers Promise last year, but it was a dud. A lady in Humboldt had problems with hers not coming up too.
    I thought my list was big, yours is huge. You have some really nice ones on order.

I forgot, I did order some Martagons from the LilyNook.
    I think I ordered.(I misplaced my list)
    Cadense
    Dalhansonii
    Gaybird
    Hantsing

Shelley

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

Shelley, according to our private correspondence your memory is correct, those are the martagons you ordered.

I only placed one order for lilies this fall through the Lily Nook. I was talking to Nigel at the Lily Nook the other day and all the lilies should be available. He also said that they were digging them at the end of next week. So, the week following, he would call me or email me and I would just take a drive down to go pick them up.

My order of martagons from the Lily Nook...
    L. Tsingtauense
    Gaybird
    Cadense
    Dalhansonii
    Hantsing
    Tsingense

Now, to figure out where to put them.

Brenda

• sazzyrose
    16 years ago

Good to know that I am not entirely losing it Brenda. Sometimes it's tough for me to tell.

I was talking with someone who breeds lilies and he recommended planting lilies in raised beds. Especially the Martagons and Species. This was for draining purposes.

My lily bed is on a slight hill, so it drains away rather nicely in spring anyways. Not quite his idea of a raised bed but it should work well enough.

Shelley

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

Oh heck, since The Lily Nook hasn't sent out my order yet, I added more to my order yesterday ;)

Brenda Watts
    Evina
    Giraffe
    Monet
    Pink Giant
    Prawn Tiger
    Salsa
    Sydney
    Towering Inferno

Oh yes, these are the trade lilies I'm getting in too ;)

Naomi
    Blue Eyes
    Dimples
    Kaleidoscope

I guess I should be thinking of starting all those seeds from Darm last spring too.

Can't wait till next year to see them all bloom!

Sharon

• plantaddict487
    16 years ago

The lily sale Laurie referred to earlier is the MRLS fall bulb sales. They will be held in the following locations from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for 2007:

Winnipeg: September 29 & 30, Assiniboine Park Conservatory Lobby , contact R. Crowther at 897 - 7752 for further information

Brandon:. September 29, The Town Centre, 800 Rosser Avenue, contact B. J. Jackson at jacksonb@brandonu.ca for information

Dauphin: October 6, Marketplace Mall, Main Street South, contact H. Jackson at 638-5213 or

E-mail: info@manitobalilies.ca

BJ

• valleyrimgirl
    16 years ago

Today at the Brandon MLRS lily sale I picked up a few more lilies. Of course, BJ gladly helped me fill my arms. We even had a young guy approach us while we were going through the martagons and asked us if we would be willing to have our pictures taken for one of the local newspapers. He asked what we were looking at...knowing nothing about lilies, he didn't know what a martagon was. He got a short, short version about why we would want martagons in our yards. He said he usually did the sports events. Sports and lily bulbs...hmmmm. no similarities.

So, today's purchases...
    Redpath martagon
    Brocade martagon
    martagon seedling (Leafland Wine x Tarlton seedling with secondary buds)
    Mahogany Bells martagon
    Pink Attraction martagon
    2000-11 martagon seedling (92115-3 x Hantsing)
    Northern Beauty (Oriental x Trumpet)
    Alabaster Rose asiatic
    Kansas asiatic
    Bicolor Ballerina asiatic

from trading with Laurie (thanks!!)
    Tropical Dream AT (asiatic tetraploid)
    Royal Paradise LA
    Fangio LA
    Merry Spring asiatic
    Tinos asiatic

And from trading with Shelley (thanks!!)
    Algarve LA
    Shirley asiatic
    Mount Duckling (pot or border lily)

Think I have some planting to do now. The forecast looks great for the next few days, so I am hoping to get these all in asap.

Brenda

• Crazy_Gardener
    16 years ago

I got my S-W Gardens Lilies in the mail today, thanks Shelley for recommending them. IÂve been looking for Lilium White Henryi for quite some time now and finally I found a Canadian grower who sells this bulb. I couldnÂt justify just ordering one bulb so I placed an order for 7 other bulbs as well. All were in stock, all were very healthy, some were the size of baseballs, especially Leslie Woodriff and the ones that were on the small side, 2 bulbs were given.

One thing that I was not so happy with was that I had emailed them a question a few weeks ago concerning if they got my post-dated cheque in and approximate time when they would arrive with no reply back. Hmmm, perhaps they are too busy to answer emails at this time of year, but even so I am a paying customer.

Nevertheless, I was very pleased with my first order and will look them up again next fall.

I also got my Valley-K order on the bus today and The Lily Nook order yesterday, I'm going to be so busy the next few days planting them all!

Oh yes, I started some delayed hypogeal seeds such as Martagons yesterday for their warm period too ;)

Sharon

• plantaddict487
    16 years ago

One more crack at lilies if you are in the Dauphin area this Thanksgiving weekend. The final MRLS sale of the year goes on Saturday at the Marketplace Mall from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Lots of lily lovelies to tempt you including some dug from the lily display garden at Brandon University that are exclusive to the Dauphin sale!

BJ
    P. S. Brenda, can you please call me about L. leichtlinii???

• plantaddict487
    16 years ago

One more crack at lilies if you are in the Dauphin area this Thanksgiving weekend. The final MRLS sale of the year goes on Saturday at the Marketplace Mall from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Lots of lily lovelies to tempt you including some dug from the lily display garden at Brandon University that are exclusive to the Dauphin sale!

BJ
    P. S. Brenda, can you please call me about L. leichtlinii???

• jaydee1400
    16 years ago

Hello fellow lily growers. I have a website with lots of pictures of the lilies I grow in Canada. Also reference pages for growing information. On my links page is a list of Canadian growers for Lilies, Daylilies and other sites. I don't sell any plants and is a reference/information site for people looking for more information on Lilies and Daylilies.
    I hope you can find it useful
    Take care
    Michael
    www.mikesbackyardgarden.org

Here is a link that might be useful: Mike's Backyard Garden