SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
numama

nancy's mecca trip part one

numama
16 years ago

Okay.....Won't stop raining here so I have no excuse for not letting you all see pics from my Mecca trip with forum buddy Shelly. As you all know my sister, Connie and I stopped in Alabama to visit Ellie....remember, she came to my place last year. She told her flowers to wait on bloom until after I was gone! She had plenty of scapes going....LOL!

We visisted there several hours and she sent me home with a pom pom Deutsa (I'm SURE the spelling is way off) and a Harmony Hydrangea. If I am really nice to her, she might even trade back some of the flowers I traded her last season since mine met their demise over winter.

After our wonderful Chinese lunch and chocolate cake we were off to Georgia to meet up with Shelly and her mother, Barbara.....OMG talk about POT GHETTO.....they are ready for the taking ya'll.....She will never miss them as she has way, way too many in the pots, and I thought I was bad! LOL!

Actually she was SMACK DAB in the middle of quite an extensive project of many, many, many raised beds and I'm hoping she will post pics of that since I was a dummy and did not even take one picture there! I think I was just too tired from being on the road for hours at that point. She bedded us up at her place and fed us a WONDERFUL MEAL so we slept well and headed off for Mecca the next morning. FIRST STOP was Mary and Phil Gaskins down in Nashville Georgia.....OMG talk about some to DIE FOR SEEDLINGS! Here are a few pics I snapped, but I'm really bad at being in such AWE that I FORGET to take a picture! I've really got to improve on that!

One of the Gaskins Sdlgs. I bought and brought home

Another Gaskins Sdlg. I just oooo-ed and ahhhhh-ed but I think she had it set aside to list on the lily auction

Phil and Mary's garden was a lot smaller than I thought it would be and their greenhouse is no bigger than mine. They WERE WONDERFUL host and hostess! I will share photos of other seedlings I bought while there once they bloom cuz dummy me did not think to snap away!

After spending a couple hours there, we headed off to Florida and got checked in at Deltona Inn. Went to dinner and got much needed rest for our big day to come. Started the next morning off by going to Phil and Pena Reilly's garden....they are SMACK DAB center of the Trimmers and Stamiles' gardens. Here are some pics taken while there

Reilly Seedlings

And this is funny....I bought this Trimmer Seedling from Reilly!

He had plenty of these critters hopping around there too

That's it for now.....will cover the rest of the story with a new thread soon.

Nancy

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!