SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silverkelt

Whats in bloom and I mean natives...ladyslipers ect..

silverkelt
12 years ago

I took a tour of my woods today.. my only rule was to limit myself to my actual property.. so strolled around for about a hour taking a look. If you are not interested in natives skip this post, but thought to share with those that would. I consider them cottage to me, as I let them stray into my gardens.

First, probably maines showiest flower..

Showy Lady Slipper.

{{gwi:675712}}

{{gwi:675713}}

Painted Trillium, a fav, but slugs apparently like the leaves =( saw lots of these but mostly flowers are spent, this is the best I could find for you today.

{{gwi:675714}}

Bunch Berry related to dogwoods.. This is a local fav of mine

{{gwi:675715}}

Eastern Starflower.. a flower that likes maine apparently becuase its everywhere .. delicate and a beauty

{{gwi:675716}}

Blueberry(low bush)(Vaccinium angustifolium), I always find it facisnating learning about the history of food, consider Tomatoes italian fare? Not so , niether are gourds, rasberries or blueberries, all american fare either north or southern type hemispheres, kinda neat.

{{gwi:675717}}

Here are some unknowns.. if you know them let me know if not no biggie, have been looking on a identification page.. but like you put in yellow natives with 7 petals and you still get like 50 entries lol.. so you select basal growth and you get like 36 ect ect.. Im not native expert, but like to study some when I get the chance...

{{gwi:675718}}

{{gwi:675720}}

My fern dale.. Cinnimon ferns.. I kinda lucked out here.. they are my favorite maine native fern and I have them.. My last place I had wood ferns.. the cinnimon ones have this very interesting red plume in spring. They do fade late summer though..

{{gwi:675721}}

MY one non native of today.. Hardy Geranium.. floating in yesterdays sun..

{{gwi:675722}}

Silverkelt

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022