SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosy_grower

Need advice from experienced gardeners!

rosy_grower
16 years ago

Hi, I have a few questions about some of my plants. First of all, I have 2 endless summer hydrangeas, one on each corner of my house. One is doing great in full sun, healthy green leaves and lots of blooms already. The other is in partial shade/dappled sunlight, and has lots of yellow leaves and brown spots. It still has a few flowers, but I can't figure out what's going on with it. What do you think?

Also, I was hoping you could give me some recommendations for a perennial plant similar to May Night Salvia that would do ok in partial shade. The thing is, I have large beds on either side of my front door all the way across the front of my house. When I first started gardening, I was doing everything symetrically. But since there is an oak tree on one side of the yard, keeping part of my plants in the shade, what does well in the bed to the left of the doorstep does not do as well on the right. The salvias are alive and even flowering, but not nearly as profusely as the others. So I was hoping y'all could recommend something in the same color, and hopefully similar form. Thanks a lot!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals