SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanwin_gw

Neighbor tore out my plants

SusanWIN
19 years ago

Didn't know which forum to turn to, but I am so upset I can't see straight. I've lived here on a lake in Indiana for almost 20 years and have built up a rather pretty landscape with a channel and lake view I've always dreamed of. New neighbors moved in next door several years ago. Their lot is much larger than mine, but the openness between all us lake neighbors was so nice. When I say openess, I mean a gorgious view of the lake and channel. We were good friends up until last year and they (younger than myself, if that matters) all of a sudden had nothing to do with me. Their house sits at the very far end of their property, but their property line near me is about three or four feet from my house. What once was the view I bought is now being taken over by a fence they will be putting right in front of my family room window. Yesterday, he tore out my plants that have been next to my deck for years....flowers, hostas, ferns, black eyed susans just in bloom, not to mention the tulip bulbs I've had planted. The lake view I will now have is a fence and I no longer have access to my lakeside for the lawn mower. I tried talking to him about this before he cut out the sod, but he just said it didn't matter what I wanted. I would think the very least he could have done was to either pot up my plants or suggest I get out the flowers etc. I wanted before he started, but that was not the case. I look out now and see my pretties in a pile ready for the trash can and I'm so sad. Gee, do you suppose this has anything to do with the fact that he propositioned me several times and I turned him down flat? Revenge would be to tell his wife, but I won't allow myself to do that. How can people be so cruel. If one were to boat around our lake, they would see that lake neighbors here don't put fences up to block the neighbor's view of the lake. It just isn't done, but this dork and his wife want their property to look like an estate, I guess. Nothing I can do about it, but just needed to get this out in hopes that it will make me feel better. Anybody had something similiar happen and how do I get over this. Property value is being diminished as we speak.

Comments (29)

Sponsored