SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buddyfly

wanted: *new* winter sowing round robin!

Buddyfly
18 years ago

Hi everyone!

I am attempting to organize my first "Round Robin" (RR) so please be patient with me if I botch anything up.

I would like to do a RR only with seeds that are HARVESTED FROM WINTER SOWN flowers. For anyone unfamiliar with Winter Sowing, take a peek at the WS forum by clicking here > Winter Sowing Forum. For those of us that have done Winter Sowing, we know that seeds harvested from Winter Sown plants are much hardier than store bought seeds or seeds harvested from direct sown plants.

If you will be away on holidays anytime from now until mid-February, it may be advisable NOT to participate in this RR in order for the smooth-flowing of the package from person to person. If you desperately want to be part of this RR and WILL be away, I might be able to work something out as to where I put you in the route of the RR.

So here is the plan for this RR:

Number of participants: 10 ONLY

ÂNumber of seed packets: 5

ÂI would prefer if each seed packet could be different than the rest but if that is not possible, duplicates will have to do.

ÂPlease post your desire to be part of this RR directly in this thread.

ÂClick on my member name and send me an email with your name and your mailing address. Please include BOTH your real name and your GardenWeb member name so I know who you are.

ÂAs soon as I have received the first 10 respondents for this RR, I will post the list of participants in this thread. At the same time I will put the order of the mailing route.

ÂAll seeds must be harvested from your OWN Winter Sown plants during the past year so that seeds are fresh and viable. Please make absolutely certain that the seeds are dried so that there won't be any mold problems.

ÂI will mail out the RR box with the first five packets of seeds to the first person on the RR route. Once you receive the package, make your selections from the packets and replace with the same amount of packets. Should you wish to add more Winter Sown seeds, please feel free to do so.

ÂOnly forward seeds to the next particpant. DO NOT add any other objects to the package as this will be unfair to the following participants that have to pay for the additional postage.

I will include address labels for everyone in the original shipment. When you are ready to ship the RR on to the next participant, just affix their address label on the package. Please don't change the return address. If it should happen that our RR gets lost in the mail, it will be returned to me hopefully and that is why we need to leave my return address on the package.

I will also include the little plastic re-sealable bags with a blank label on each one. Please print clearly on it the common name of your flower AS WELL AS the botanical name if you know it.

OK! Whew! I think that is everything. So I'm going to post this now and lets get started! Hopefully with 10 members in this RR, the final recipient should have the RR by mid February.

I'm hoping this will work... being a newbie at Round Robins and all!

Your Winter Sowing Round Robin Host,

Buddyfly (aka Marly)

Comments (22)

Sponsored
More Discussions