SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilyfinch

We found our new house !

After 2 years of renting and looking we found what will hopefully be our forever home. It was fun to look but the market here in nashville is so intense , there's not much time to " sleep on it " or shop around unless you really don't like anything . We had found one house we loved on a Wednesday that it went up for sale , and on Monday our appt to look at it was canceled because it went under contract that day !
So , we are currently waiting To close on this beautiful home. It is amazing how God works , because a lot of things I wanted but didn't think I could afford or find , are here. And one thing that is amazing , is that we get to enjoy a gorgeous view, yet have no responsibility to maintaint the animals and land! This house is a true blessing. The farm has cows and horses and they are moved around area to area , so when we looked the cows were right next to our yard! How great ! Hopefully free manure! Lol
Here's a few pictures of the new yard , it's hard to get dimensions from the pictures but it's 1.17 acres . We do have some brush removal to do but not much . Please if you have any ideas , let us know ! I don't know where to begin my new garden ! Or how I'm going to do anything really. But I'm super excited !! I do have plans for a great adirondack glider looking over lake with an arbor . That's all I got ! :)

Any idea about this lawn? I don't know how to fix the random patches...but the curb appeal is great.
{{gwi:671313}}

Here is the view from back yard .
{{gwi:671316}}

Not a great idea of the depth of yard , but the view is what sold us.
{{gwi:671319}}

This is view from living room window.
{{gwi:671321}}

This is to give you an idea of how sweeping and peaceful the view is.
{{gwi:671325}}

I think the view is going to make the garden even better than I could have imagined ! Never in a million years did I think we would find property like that.
We close June 16 and then can get started! I have all summer to plan beds because I don't want to plant much and kill it in the heat.
So please suggest whatever comes to mind !! I don't have any garden friends here to help in person . I don't know how I want to define my beds, with edging or stone or a shovel.. I don't know if a gazebo or pergola out there would work or be overwhelming.. Or even what kind of fence to use! So whatever comes to mind, please share! Thanks for looking !!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor