SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valleyrimgirl

bouquets of flowers

valleyrimgirl
17 years ago

This afternoon I spent quality time with my 18 year old son. We were making fresh cut flower arrangements. Why, you ask...

He has a girlfriend who was in surgery yesterday. She has braces and in order for her teeth to remain in the right place the doctors had to break her jaw. Here comes pureed food for quite a while. She won't want to see another milk shake or creamed soup for quite a while, I think.

So...my son wanted to fill her room at home today with bouquets of fresh flowers.

There was the first Winnipeg Parks rose of the year, that was placed floating in a bowl.

One double tuberous begonia flower also floating in a bowl.

A whole vase full of Brandon Pinks coral bells. He did very good in taking a few from this clump and a few from that clump.

The first Princess Victoria Louise poppy opened up today. He lit a match and sealed the end before placing it in a vase of water. Looked very elegant by itself in the vase.

{{gwi:711711}}

He cut shasta daisies and placed them with pink and burgundy painted daisies. They looked great.

{{gwi:711713}}

I had about 7 different kinds of lilacs blooming in the yard. So I let him lose on them.

{{gwi:711715}}

and

{{gwi:711717}}

He also cut Blue King Salvia and we mixed some shasta daisies with them.

I meant to get a picture of my livingroom table full of the arrangements but they were already in the car when I remembered. Oh well.

So, all in all, I hope that she likes flowers 'cause he brought 12 vases full of them over there for her today.

Brenda

Comments (5)