SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
floota

2009 CONVENTION : pictures!

14 years ago

Just starting to process and edit the first few pictures. Here are a few- will try to post a few more over the next few days.

We visited Floyd Cove during the tour ( Friday) and then went back on Sunday. Here's a candid shot from Floyd Cove (Stamile/ Pierce):

{{gwi:706731}}

This is one of Pat's seedlings that I saw both days. Some will like the fluting and ruffles, while other will think it looks deformed. It was certainly eye-catching and different!

{{gwi:706734}}

Grace had some amazing seedlings too. ( I love the minis.) Here are just a couple. These were shot on Sunday in bright sunlight so the color could be better. Grace calls these her "grey eyed ones."

{{gwi:706736}}

{{gwi:706739}}

We visited Nicole Harry's garden on Sunday too. Had a chance to sit and talk w/ Nicole and her boyfriend and enjoyed her garden very much. This is her SOUTHERN DAZZLE. Of course it was in full sun and afternoon, so the pic would have been better earlier. Am anxious to compare this to blooms here.

{{gwi:706742}}

Luddy's ( Lambertson - Art Gallery) garden was the last garden we visited on Saturday. The blooms held up well despite torrential rains then bright sunlight. This is Luddy's PHOENIX FLYING, which was a runner up for the Ned Roberts Spider/ UF Award at this year's convention.

{{gwi:706744}}

I saw BLUE HIPPO in several gardens. ( also one of Luddy's. ) This was blooming at Floyd Cove.

{{gwi:706746}}

Frank Smith's FAME:

{{gwi:706748}}

and, finally ( this is all for now) this spider which will likely be a spring 2010 from Pat. It is named after a good friend of mine and former club member who passed away suddenly about two years ago. This is JOHN EUCHLER.John loved spiders, this is huge, and just by looking, it appears to meet the spider ratio.

{{gwi:706750}}

More later - hope you enjoy these!

Comments (12)