SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pippi21

Who plants 'Walker's Low' Nepeta?

14 years ago

Yesterday morning, I was down at Home Depot getting mulch and 2 plants to use for a birthday bash/crab feast last evening, and ask the fella that seems to be head honcho for the wholesale plant co. that is on site all the time at HD. I asked where I'd find "Walker's Low" nepeta/catmint, His response was that he hadn't seen any come in, but if it had come in when he wasn't there, it would be on the table with the other groundcovers. ???Thinking he might be confused with something else, I proceeded to look for two plants to use for birthday gifts last evening. I chose lantana and cheddar pinks; one lady has a house while the other lives in a townhouse and doesn't have much room except for containers.

Next to the dianthus, is "Walker's Low" but the plant ID showed it as rose/pink. I never knew it came into any other color but blue that you see in so many people's garden photos.(example: "Aiken House and Gardens") Is the rose/pink color something new or has it always come in different colors besides the familiar blue? Maybe somebody who grows "Walker's Low" nepeta/catmint can respond to this.

Comments (8)

Sponsored