SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
berrytea4me

How did your seedlings fair?

berrytea4me
15 years ago

I set my seedling cups out to harden off a couple days ago. Our avg last frost is not until May 15 but we have some nice overcast weather now that will help them settle into outdoor life w/o either heat or cold extremes.

I think I learned to start them later. I haven't actually counted survivors but of those started 1st of Jan, maybe 25% survived the gnat attack. 1st Feb's starts had a few more, but 1st Mar started seedlings nearly all survived w/ very little gnat damage and they are much larger and healthier than those started earlier.

Part of it may be that I went through so many experiments and finally got the right combo for keeping the gnats controlled by the time I got to planting the Mar seeds.

My morning seems strangely out of place w/o wandering around to turn the growlights on and check the seedlings.

I have quite a number of seeds that did not germinate so were finally put back into the fridge until I plant the seedlings out. I plan to plant them next to their siblings in the bed and let them do or die.

Comments (15)