SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scully931

Advice needed for backyard. Pics!

scully931
15 years ago

Hi!

I have a nice size cottage-type garden in my backyard. There was nothing when I moved in a couple years ago. Last year I added a little blue corner garden and a tropical garden closer to the house. (I know... tropical and cottage aren't exactly in the rule book, but I love them both!)

This year, I'm looking to add a sizable garden with cannas, elephant ears, etc. to the last expansive area in my backyard. There will still be lots of grass though.

That's what I'm looking for advice on. What do I do with the grassy areas? I originally thought of putting stepping stones leading through the gardens. But my grass grows so fast I'm not sure it would look good most of the time.

There will be enough grass that I don't think pulling it all up is feasible this year. I'm not sure I'd really have the money to mulch it all. I just don't want it to look like a bunch of spotty gardens. I don't know... any advice???

:-)

{{gwi:199910}}

Just to the right of this big garden is where the new one will go. On the other side of the new one is this little blue corner garden.

{{gwi:658275}}

Here is the tropical one closer to the house.

{{gwi:658277}}

And a long view.

{{gwi:658280}}

Wow, these pictures are bigger than I thought. Sorry. Meanwhile, woot! I figured out how to put them right in the thread. That was super easy.

Comments (7)

Sponsored