SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
digs57

WANTED: Who would like to group-buy some hosta liners with me?

digs57
18 years ago

This is an investigative message only at this stage....

I'd like to buy some hosta liners - these are very young tissue culture babies of named varieties. They need a little more TLC than the regular ones we buy in the local garden centre.

I've sent out a request to the supplier for confirmation of availability of a list of over 80 varieties - and will very likely cull that further, to help us all make a choice. The average cost per plant comes to CD$3.44, and there will be an additional equal share per person of the shipping cost, which would obviously depend on how many people would be interested in participating ..... The shipping cost starts with a CD$63 (approximately) phytosanitary certificate charge, as the supplier's in the US, so probably $80 to $100 total.

The minimum number to order per variety is 6. Thus, I'd be willing to order a given variety if at least 6 plants were requested - doesn't matter who wants how many.

I would handle all the ordering, pre-paying... and the bookkeeping.... all you'd have to do is show up at my doorstep here in Ottawa, on the agreed-upon date, with the correct amount of $$ in your fist!

Just to clarify, not a cent of profit is involved here - all the profit's in getting a variety of interesting young hostas, at very low price.

Any takers?

Digs.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions