SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Really Ugly Daff and A Double Daff and Planted My Lilies

13 years ago

I was busy again in the garden since we had a nice day with no rain. Got my roses sprayed for the first time this spring and spoyed my honeysuckle vines that get aphids each spring too.

Then my Gladiolas and Oriental Lilies came today from VB. I want to wait until May to plant the Glads, too early yet but I planted the 40 Oriental Lily Bulbs out in the corner of the front yard. Then after I did I got the idea to put some violas on top for spring color. The lilies will just grown up right thru them.

{{gwi:691693}}

Violas planted over lilies.

{{gwi:691695}}

Violas Planted over Lilies again.

Then I have these truely awefull ugly, ugly daffs that I bought last year at Brent and Beckies. Can't believe how ugly they are. At first I thought they just weren't open all the way but days later, this is it.

{{gwi:691697}}

I didn't realise these daffs were so ugly when I bought them :-((

{{gwi:691700}}

And I have them planted in two sections of the garden so twice the ugliness.

Here is the Double Daff that is bloming in my backyard that came in an old mix from Home Depot afew years ago. As you can see, its on the ground. I had to hold it up to get a decent picture.

{{gwi:691701}}

Flopsey Double daff.

{{gwi:691704}}

I am holding it up for the picture. At least it's pretty.

{{gwi:691708}}

Had to show a pretty daff. My York Minister daffs are sure pretty. As the flower ages the trumpet gets an orange blush and darkens. The flowers open a deep yellow all over.

{{gwi:691711}}

Tulips by the late blooming daylily row are just about to open.

Comments (19)