SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Spraying Fertilizer Today, Alfafa Tomorrow

14 years ago

Ok, I am not really going to spray the alfalfa, just put it around in the daylily beds.

I just got inside. Much of the day I spent doing errands and part of that was to pick up two 50 lb bags of alfalfa pellets. I asked for three but they only had two. So I guess that will have to do.

Then when I came home I decided to spay the entire garden with the Neptune Liquid Seaweed Fertilizer. Been thinking for afew days that I need to do that really soon. I sprayed all my roses, daylilies, lilies and iris as well as a bunch of other things. The entire place smells of seaweed. Not really unpleasant but certainly different. The scent will go away after it dries.

I was going to drag the heavy alfafa bags into the garage but then I got smart and left them in the car in the driveway. I can just take them out tomorrow and use them up, no heavy lifting required. Sometimes I get smart :-))

I just use the scatter the alfalfa pellets around method. I have been putting the alfalfa pellets on my roses and daylilies each spring now for years. Used it on the roses even before I had daylilies. Now use it on both.

Comments (10)