SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham_gw

No daylilies, but a few more iris pics

Nancy
12 years ago

My Dumortieri daylily should bloom any day, but not today. All I have are a few iris. I posted on the iris forum, but thought I would share with you here too :)

Two opened today, got both of the 2 years ago from our local iris society sale. Neither bloomed last year, & they are both wrong. All the ones that bloomed last year were right. I just hate waiting 2 years for something to bloom, & then it is wrong. Ah well....stuff happens, & I like both of them fine. Still wish I had gotten what I thought.

Someone on the iris forum suggested Stellar Lights for this one. It was supposed to be Team Spirit, I would have much preferred to have Team Spirit. This is a nice large flower though, not quite as deep purple as the shaded photo shows.

{{gwi:689224}}

This is the 2nd time I have bought Wonderful World from the iris society, it has been wrong both times! Drat! I always thought the pictures look good, & it has been people at the sale who rave over how well it grows & how pretty it is that persuaded me to buy it both times.

{{gwi:689225}}

The iris society has a display garden at a local school, that is where most of their sale iris come from, so I have a good chance to ID them. I bought Elainelope from them last year, I suspect this will be another one.

Others in bloom

Tennessee Gentleman

{{gwi:689227}}

Curtain Up

{{gwi:689229}}

Cloudia

{{gwi:689231}}

One of my columbine seedlings. I really like the long spurred columbines, but planted some seeds of a barlow a few years ago, & this is one of the offspring. They have reseeded quite a bit.

{{gwi:689233}}

Comments (14)