SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
signet_gw

WANTED: London/Woodstock/St. Thomas /Strathroy Plant swap

signet_gw(6b)
18 years ago

I have been asked to post this to see if there is any interest in a plant swap for the London/Woodstock/St. Thomas/Strathroy area.

Last year's swap was a great success and I have offered to host it this year if there is any interest. So If you live in London , St.Thomas, Woodstock, Strathroy area and are interested in participating , please post your interest here .

Pre-trades are welcomed and If you want to post what you have available for trade that would be good too.

I am looking at end of May beginning of June or thereabouts.

The more the merrier! So lets hear from you !

Signet

Comments (99)

• bev_w
    18 years ago

I should be visiting more often-- sorry.

We've just bought an acre in the Otter Creek valley near Port Burwell-- with a house right on the creek. We're moving at the end of July and I'll try to take as much plant material with me as possible. But I don't want to acquire too much more stuff-- only to have to move it a month later.

I won't get a harvest of tomatoes, so I'll have these plants available for swap:
    - Principe Borghese (paste)
    - Homestead 24
    - Arkansas Traveller
    - Chello (early yellow, one or two plants only)
    - Evergreen
    - Stupice
    - Manadrin Cross
    - Eros

Perennials:
    - kirengeshoma (these'll be pretty small still)
    - native Wisteria frutescens (from cuttings)
    - Coreposis "Tequilla Sunrise"
    - Liatris
    - Sweet Woodruff
    - pyracantha (one-- from cutting)
    - Sorbaria (perhaps one-- most didn't strike)
    - Leptosyphon (from seed)
    - Asclepias "Milkmaid" (from seed-- a bit scrawny)
    - Kniphofia / Red Hot Poker
    - Jerusalem Sage
    - blue spike speedwell
    - wall germander
    - Allysum "basket of gold"
    - sundry ground covers

others:
    - borage
    - lemon basil
    - pennyroyal
    - Nicotiana Sylvestris and perhaps some other leftover annuals: wallflower, mignonette, viscaria, verbena bonariensis, mina lobata, evening Scented Stocks, garden balsam, statice...

I'm looking to trade for SW Ontario native plants and shrubs...

- Bev

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Bev,

I would be interested in wall germander and kirengeshoma Not sure what I have native plants wise that you might be interested in . I do have some staghorn sumac and I might have some yellow touch me not seeds. Both wild harvested locally. But again not knowing what you might like or want makes it difficult to offer. Can you list some things you might be interested in ?

Signet

• Related Discussions

WANTED: Seedling/Plant Swap

Q

Comments (21)
    I think we should pick locations close to major highway exits. Also I think everybody should list the cities that are within reasonable driving distance to them. Then pick a couple cities that are most common to the most number of people. For example. I am able to drive to: Brantford Woodstock Hamilton St. Catherines Kitchener Guelph Cambridge Oakville Burlington Everybody list the cities you are willing to drive to and we can narrow it down that way.
    ...See More

HAVE: 3rd Annual Plant swap London, Woodstock , Sarnia ,

Q

Comments (150)
    Hi Rosco p ....good to hear from you ! Only time it is too late to join is the day after the swap LOL !. Up till then it's all good. I look forward to meeting you too ....since we have done some great swaps. When you are ready ...go ahead and post what you have available to swap. If possible if you could contact Knottyceltic directly ( there is a link above in one of her posts) so she can add you and if you are bringing your spouse and/or children she can add them to the list as well. I ask that when you come you bring a chair for yourself and each person accompanying you as I dont have adequate seating for everyone , Lots of room just not enough chairs . Also dont forget about the Gambler's circle. This is done at the end of the swap..any extra gardening items you have (plants ,seeds, magazines,etc bring them along for trading in the gamblers circle ...it is a put one take one kind of arrangement......you never know what you might find in the gambler's circle that you just cant live without LOL ! If you see anything from my lists above that you might like ....let me know and I will pot some up for you . SHARRI: I dont know if the bugle boy you have is the same as mine so I would like to work a trade with you for one . What might you like from my list for one of your plants ?please let me know . TO ALL : I am adding to my swap list. I have one small trade of pink forgetmenots Star of Bethlehem ( lots ) Penstemmon Husker's Red Achillea "The Pearl" ( lots) . I have also got a big container of Poppy seeds that I would be glad to take some out of for someone ( this was bought as a big bag and is commercial seed). I have one container of Mykes Growth supplement which is actually an organic microorganism that helps plants develop nice healthy roots fast . I have 3 small pots of Elephant Ears with One bulb in each . Let me know if you are interested. Rottweilergirl, Earlebyrd , and Lovem ...are you still interested in participating ? We would love to have you join us ! If you dont have plants to trade, dont worry , see Knottyceltic's list of alternative swap items .. We have a good time , good eats and good plants so I sure do hope you will join us ....it is a good way to add to your gardens with little to no cost except for some items that you might normally throw away . I thought of another item that might be a great swap item .....string/ or strips of material ....for tying up plants such as tomatos ....... Hey speaking of tomatos .....does anyone have any veggies to swap ? or annuals ? I would be interested. I am also looking for Garlic Chives ....does anyone have any to swap ? I would love some Amaranthus or Kiss me over the Garden gate too. Anyone have any to swap ? Signet
    ...See More

WANTED: London-Woodstock-St.Thomas swap pics

Q

Comments (1)
    Thanks for posting the pics Bill , they are great. Hope you had a good time! Hope everyone had a good time! A big thank you to all of you for bringing yourselves and all the wonderful plants and for making it a wonderfully successful swap. Many thanks to BevW for the cookies too !!!!!! I enjoyed seeing the people from last year again and meeting all the new participants. The only problem is, that it is difficult, in such a short time , to get to spend time with everyone . I hope you all went home with something you really wanted and lots of "stuff" you didnt know till you got here that you really wanted LOL !!! Hope to see you all at the next one ! signet
    ...See More

WANTED: Fall Swap - London /St. Thomas Area

Q

Comments (5)
    Hi Carol, I have very limited space unfortunately so I can only really trade for what I am really looking for - some of these plants will be left over after trading I imagine - as some were from the spring swap. As more people are aware of the swap, furious online trading will begin..lol .All trading is done before the swap - there is always a gamblers circle where members will bring extras ( this spring we a had a truckload of plants that were left over from everyone at the spring swap (this is the place to be if you want to add to your garden on the cheap). The time has not been set yet as I don't know who's going - I will have a better idea in 3-4 days - I'm thinking in the 11-2pm range. cheers Jeff
    ...See More
  • signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Good morning all,

I wanted to write to let you all know that I need a firm decision on the date and time of this event. I personally vote for the Sunday morning May 28th, at 11 a.m. Does that work for everyone else?

Please let me know asap.

Also just to let people know, I have Jack in the pulpits, Mayapple , wild geranium and a couple of other native items if anyone is interested . Lots of Periwinkle aka Vinca to give away too

Bev, can you tell me what kind of sundry ground covers you have please.

• dragonfly
    18 years ago

Hi Bev
    I grew up near Port Burwell it's a nice area
    I have Solomon Seal if you would like some
    I would be interested in your
    Kirengeshoma
    Coreposis Tequila Sunrise
    Red Hot Poker

• flowerldy
    18 years ago

Hi Bev
    I would take any leftover tomatos for my veggie garden esp. Principe Borghese (paste), Homestead 24. I am also interested in your wisteria. Native plants hmm.. do I get to count the plants my neighbour planted and thus migrated to my garden? I'm not up on native plants however I think the Lily of the Valley is native and I have LOTS of that, and I pull out pale purple wood violets by the handful so you are welocome to lots of that too. Take a look at my list let me know what you'd like in trade.
    Jennifer

• flowerldy
    18 years ago

May 28th is good for me - any time in the morning is fine, just let me know time and place (directions would be good) and I'll be there. Just to clarify for myself as I've never been to one of these before - There are to be people there that did not do any pretrading? Should bring extras of some of the plants?
    Thanks
    Jennifer

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Flowerldy,

I will need you to email me and I will send you my address and directions privately . Same for everyone please as I dont want to post my address on GW

There may be some who do not do pretrades , but alot is done before hand . We also have what we call the "gambler's circle" where you put in a plant and you take a plant. In other words if you have something extra that you have not already made a pretrade agreement with someone for , then that plant can go into the gambler's circle and you can take one from the gamblers circle that someone else brought that interests you. It is entirely up to you if this is something you would like to do .

Signet

• bev_w
    18 years ago

Hi Heather,

Sunday am May 28 is okay for me.

re: ground covers, I have some golden creeping speedwell, lots of pennyroyal, creeping thyme, creeping mazus, garden phlox, vinca, sweet woodruff, lamium (pink flower).

I'd love some of Signet's Mayapple. The Staghorn sumach likes it dry, and this locale is creekside, but thanks anyway.

Jennifer, I wouldn't mind some Shasta Daisies. But I'll pass on the Lily of the Valley and violets. I have lots of the Principe Borghese Toms.

Dragonfly, I'll save a coreosis and a Kirengeshoma for you. I have a good number of the poker plants.

Maybe I'll do some more cuttings of the Wisteria. And the Flowering Quince, as well. Its pushing out so much green right now, and flowering like crazy.

Bev

p.s. Heather, thanks so much for organizing this.

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    18 years ago

DRAGONFLY
    _________

Hops vine
    Lychnis Coronaria
    Lilium bulbets

FLOWERGIRL

KNOTTYCELTIC
    Crocus tulip ( but not till September ) Come on Barb, there has got to be something you would like !!!!!

CAPEHLKE
    Brugmansia
    Jack in the Pulpit
    Galanthus

BEV
    Mayapple.

LOVINLIFE
    ???????????? What would you like from my list of availables.

FLOWERLDY

Have you picked anything out from my list of availables that you would like in trade for the daylilies? I will also try some of your poppies if possible please.

Thanks

Heather

• flowergirl_on
    18 years ago

Signet,
    May 28th at 11:00 should be okay for me. And thank you for organizing this trade.

Bev, I would be interested in one or two of your tomato plants. I could try Stupice and maybe you could recommend which one might be really sweet tasting? I would also like coreopsis 'Tequila Sunrise', kniphofia and blue spiked speedwell. What would you like from me in return?

Merja

• swisscanada
    18 years ago

Way to go, Signet, unfortunately, as you know, I'm not in your area, would love to trade, but I follow your forum with interest.....don't work to hard. Enjoy the planting.Did you get the pictures with the snow up here ?

• wyndyacre
    18 years ago

I see the trading is going fast and furious! :)
    I'd love to be able to get in on it but not sure if I can make it or not. So I hesitate to commit to any trades right now. If I can make it on Trade Day I'll bring along any extra plants I have to throw in the Gamblers Circle.
    I can bring a Brilliant Sedum for Knottyceltic (or make sure it gets there.) I'd love to visit with everyone again and meet the new traders too.
    And Signet-are you interested in any little trees besides maples? I find tons of chestnut and oak tree seedlings when I'm cleaning up my work gardens. And in case you don't manage to make a trade for "Jack Frost' Brunnera...Degroots Nursery in Sarnia has packages of bare root for $8.95 right now. It's an excellent price when you compare what they want for a potted plant. I could pick one (or more) up for you if you want.

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    18 years ago

hI Wyndyacres,

I sure hope you can come ! As to tree seedlings , I am open to just about anything ....would particularly like to find sweetgum and ginko but would love chestnut and oak . We every so many years find an oak seedling or an apple seedling in our lawn ..when mowing(not sure how they get there as the two large oaks are behind us on a neighbours property and we dont have quirrels ).......So we mow around them ....have grown a number of them on our property this way although one has to hope that it is not is a lousy spot . Having ones that you can plant where you want is great. So if you have some , I would love some but what would you like in trade?

Thanks for offering to pic up the Jack Frost Brunnera for me .....if I hadnt spent so much on mail order daylilies I would consider it. LOL ...Maybe next year I will get one , I was just hoping someone might have a small division of it to trade.

Signet

• wyndyacre
    18 years ago

Signet-I don't need anything in trade. I'll be happy to see the tree seedlings go to a good home and not the compost site! I'd plant some at home but don't have any room for those kinds of large, deciduous trees.

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    18 years ago

If anyone is interested, I have ribbon grass to offer too.

Signet

• flowergirl_on
    18 years ago

I have couple more things to offer for a trade:

Centaurea dealbata = Persian Cornflower
    Blue Spiderwort

Merja

• flowerldy
    18 years ago

Bev - I would like to try a few different tomatos this year along with the resistant var. I started. I use tomatoes mostly for sauce so the less water the better. I've given up on Bush Beefsteak as they seem so susceptible to blossom end rot. The Shasta daises are yours. I took a good look at the wood violets this weekend and discovered I have at least three varieties - dark purple, pale purple and white with a dark purple edge. I also have some wild yellow snapdragon if youÂre interested.

Signet - Do you want all the seedlings I can find? There is actually about 2 dozen growing if you want them. I will add poppies to your list of plants, I'm good with the list of plants I gave earlier, and if there is anything else you want feel free.

I am able to add the following to my list -
    Wild Yellow Dragonsnaps
    Leek- Regular and Garlic
    Ornamental Globe Thistle
    1 or 2 small trades of burgundy Iris
    Rhubarb
    Lily of the valley
    Biannual daises
    Jacobs Ladder
    Virginia Creeper
    Periwinkle
    1 Small Mulberry tree

Thanks again signet
    Jennifer - Flowerldy

• lovinlife
    18 years ago

This weekend I had a chance to look around my garden to see what is coming up. I just moved here in the fall so not sure what colours anything is.

Plants I have are
    Daylilies
    Poppies
    Rubarb
    Poenies
    Chinese Lantern
    Periwinkle

Seedlings started
    Lupins
    Morning glories
    Lychins-Maltese Cross
    Sweet Wiliam
    Jacob's Ladder
    Mallow-purple
    Snapdragons
    Verbascum
    Marigold-sweet cream, orange
    Delphinium-pacific giant
    Ageratum
    Dianthus-artic fire

Signet
    I will pot up some daylilies for you. I know you were interested in cutting of the double RoS. Is this a good time of year to take cuttings?
    I'm interested in your Cannas & Narcissus.

Splashdown, I'm interested in your Lucy Vitols, Ghost Spirit & Blue Shadow.

flowerldy, I'm interested in your Iris-Rolling Thunder & Veronica Speedwell

Knottyceltic, I'm interested in your Daylily Fulva

Dragonfly, I'm interested in your Clematis, Obedient plant & Golden Tiara

flowergirl, I'm interested in your Pink Malva & Anemone Madonna

Bev, I'm interested in your Liatris, Red Hot Pker, Allysum & Principe Borghese

Please check out my lists and see if there is anything that interests you.

I'm looking forward to the swap.

• flowergirl_on
    18 years ago

Flowerldy,
    I would be interested in your burgundy Iris.

Lovinlife, I am interested in your Lupins and Delphinium 'Pacific Giant'. I will bring you Pink Malva and Anemone 'Madonna'. How many pink Malvas would you like? They self-seeded so I have tons of them.

Merja

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Lovinlife,

Cannas and Narcissus are set aside for you . Yes I would love some of your daylilies and rose of sharon cuttings would have to wait till they leaf out for green cuttings or would have to be tip cuttings . If you do take tip cuttings ( 4 to 6 inch long cuttings) , they would have to be put in water immediately so that the air bubble doesnt get into the stem ....as they will just die otherwise. So to be exact, clip and put in a bottle of water immeidately after snipping .....even 5 minutes is too long without being submerged in water according to anything i have read.

Splashdown ....any chance of a division of your Carnival hosta? You have others that interest me but the question is , do I have any that interest you. We need to chat about this in more detail off site.

Hope to hear from you

Signet

• bev_w
    17 years ago

I hope I'm not pushing my luck, here. Does anyone with a forsythia shrub mind doing a cutting for me? The new property will be large enough to accomodate it.

I can give a white flowering quince in return... Or a Wisteria Frustescens (native-- "Amethyst Falls") if my cuttings strike in time.

Bev

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Bev,

Be glad to start some cutting of forsythia for you ( how many would you like . I was going to start some anyway , along with Kerria Japonica . ( I just got some rooting gel that the plants sit in till ready ) (hopefully they will be rooted by swap time !

I would love to try a rooted cutting of your white flowering Quince and Wisteria. ( I already have 2 wisteria but dont know what kind they are.

Signet

• flowerldy
    17 years ago

Bev - I have a small forsythia is a pot right now. One of my neighbours wanted it when I was reducing my overgrown forsythia and now changed thier mind, so it's yours.

Lovinlife - I am interested in your morning glories and sweet cream marigold. I'll pot up the Veronica Speedwell but unfortunatly I don't have any more trades of the rolling thunder iris, how about one of the others? The dwarf purple and yellow Iris is blooming now and blooms again in the fall. It also multiplies quickly. Or pick any of the others I listed.

• lovinlife
    17 years ago

flowergirl
    sure I would love a few pink malvas. I just moved and have lots of new garden space. I will put aside some lupins and delphiniums for you.

flowerldy
    The yellow Iris sounds nice. I will get the morning glories and marigolds put aside for you.

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi BevW

Speaking of Wisteria .....I just looked and my wisteria is gonna bloom!!!!!!!!!! The original one has run rampant up the side of my house and two falls ago I hacke of huge piece of the darn thing ....well that sent out another shoot from the base and it took over the side of my house. LOL ! Goes all the way to the roof! (I can hear all the gasps from all the people that are gonna tell me that bugs will infest my house because of it.) Anyway long story short It is loaded with blooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and barring a harsh frost ( it better not !) I am going to see tons of those gorgeous purple panicles hanging from the side of my house !!!!!Whoopee!~ I am doing a happy dance.

Signet

• daldak
    17 years ago

hey there... I would love to attend

can't provide much...only got into perennial;s last year...if anyone has an abundance they are willing to share I would appreciate it.

Could provide:
    * empty pudding/yogurt containers
    * trilis pieces from old projects i have kicking about
    * small patch of lamium
    * perhaps some sundrops (yellow)
    * newspaper
    * sawdust?
    * may have 2-3 chelone (also known as pink turtleheads)

I would love to obtain the following:

FLOWERGIRL:
    * anemone "madonna"
    * blue spiderwort
    * bee balm
    * white poppy

DRAGONFLY
    * allium
    * clamatis
    * monkshood

CAPEHLKE
    * clamatis

FLOWERLDY
    * dark peach iris (only if you still have any left)
    * onamental cabbage
    * red poppy

SPLASHDOWN
    * plumbago (should you have more to give)

BEV W
    * red hot pokers

LUVINLIFE
    * lupins

SIGNET
    * if you have any cenfaera montana to spare I'd love for some of that

P.S. I would also like to obtain a hardy shamrock (mine had pink flowers) and was dug up over the winter it appears, hardy hibiscus, foxglove and a toad lily. Also if anyone has extra Hosta's that they know the name of and willing to spare...let me know my husband has been scouring the Hosta's Choice site with a vengence seeing as we will be up that way. Coming from St. Thomas, if there's anything else, I can provide let me know.

Thanx again

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi and Welcome Daldak,

Yup ! I have centaurea montana for sure ..do ladybells (adenophora ) interest you at all? ....got lots of them , and poppy, and forgetmenots...Allium "purple sensation" , Hosta Lancifolia .....let me know if any interest you . I am interested in your Turtleheads please and some sawdust!

Merja ,

I was looking at your list again and was wondering if you have a bit left , if I could get some of your Aster tongolensis 'Star of Wartburg'

And Flowerldy,

Any chance you have some pics of your hostas? I would love to see some .....maybe we can work a trade.

Signet

• daldak
    17 years ago

thanx signet for the centaerea montana. If you have some to spare I would love to take you up on your offer of:
    * hosta lancifolia, allium, hibiscus seeds, clamatis (should it pan out), and a poppy.

I'll have to pass on the mauve iris' as I have some

As for the lady bells, I cannot find them in my perennial book under either name you gave...are they more commenly referred to as something else? perhaps lady mantle?

Also, forget me nots...are they aggressive or can they be controlled.

Dragonfly; do you have any spare diamond tiara, dew drop, emerald tiara, emily dickenson, golden tiara, sum & substance, twist of lime & hydon sunset. Siget is providing me some purple sensation allium, but I would love some of the chris sp should you have some to spare. Haven't much to give in return, but give me a try...don't give up viable trades on account of these requests. You help is appreciated.

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    17 years ago
  • splashdown
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone : Sorry I've been so long getting my list togeather but I'm only here on weekends ,

have for trade

(8)coreopsis - sunray
    (lots)liatris - spicote
    (4)plumbago
    (2)fern leaf tansy
    (2)tri-colored sedum
    (2)bamboo - sashay ( needs to be contained )
    (1)bamboo - dwarf varigated ( needs to be contained )
    (2)sedge - ice dance
    (2)northern sea oats grass
    (5)beatles sedge
    (2)avalanch grass
    (1)heuchera - monet , ebony and Ivory , lime rickey , frosted violet , caramel , obsidian , crispy curls , emperor's cloak , blood vein , metalica , green finch ,
    (2)hosta ( alot of my hostas are not up yet so it's hard to tell what's there )
    rythum n' blues , herifu , feather boa , so sweet , purple dwarf , paul's glory , june ,

would like peonies , daylilies , bamboo , sempervivum , hosta , iris , grasses , anything unusual I only ask that they are named
    I have alot of unusual items in my garden so I will keep an eye on things as they pop up and let you know also will keep a look out for the hostas people asked for ... Deb

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Splashdown/Deb

Thanks for your post ...no worries about taking long to post , there is lots of time yet to make trades.

I am drooling over your trade list and I am interested in a plumbago (as per a previous post) and I would love to try one each of your bamboo. I am not sure what you would like in trade but do have a single fan from a couple of named daylilies that I could possibly trade. I would also be interested in a couple of your hostas if we can work out a hosta trade. That might be best left till just before the actual trade so I can see what I have coming up too.

Anyway, thanks for posting ...I am sure you will have lots of interest in your trade list.

Signet/Heather

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi All,

Wanted to let you all know that I have a few more items for the swap .

False Solomon's Seal - here is a link in case anyone is wondering what it looks like and what it is good for .

http://www.ncnatural.com/wildflwr/fsseal.html

I have a couple of currant bushes and some Bouncing Bet - here is a link to pics and info- if you have Bouncing Bet you never have to worry about being out of soap LOL !

http://www.ct-botanical-society.org/galleries/saponariaoffi.html

let me know
    Signet

• splashdown
    17 years ago

Signet I looked on your page and didn't see your trade list can you tell me what daylilies you are offering for trade .. thanks Deb

• knottyceltic
    17 years ago

ATTN: EVERYONE WHO ASKED FOR PEACH LEAF BELLFLOWER FROM ME...(I think it was Signet, Deb and Jennifer) The Bellflowers have all died and I won't be able to bring any to the swap. I'm very sorry...they were a wintersowing project and they just didn't do well. I'm not happy at all with any of my wintersowing items actually. Anything that did sprout is no further ahead than their counterparts in the woods, so I really don't see the point of doing it. Anyway, sorry about the retraction of the bellflowers. Here's my list again:

I should have the following:

2 pot Daylily "Fulva" (DRAGONFLY & LUVINLIFE) no more Fulva available
    1 pot "Hens'n'Chicks" still available
    several pots "Disco Orange Marigold" (FLOWERLADY) still available

several pots "Pale Corydalis" (DRAGONFLY) still available

1 pot "miniature Lemon Jonquils" still available

From my woods I can bring:

Trout Lily bulbs (shade) (SIGNET) still available

Bloodroot (shade) still available

I can also bring seed packets for people to peruse AND... my husband is after me to get rid of some of my plastic plant pots of which I DO have a great many in a variety of sizes and shapes. Is anoyone interested in taking some plastic pots off my hands? If so, I will bring a box of them with me.

Barb

• flowergirl_on
    17 years ago

Signet,
    I sure have aster tongolensis 'Star of Wartburg' for you.

Daldak,
    I will bring anemone 'Madonna', spiderwort and bee balm for you. Do you mean the last one to be white phlox or orange poppy? (I don't have white poppy.) Please, let me know.

Merja

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Knottyceltic....Please dont worry about the Peachleafed bell flower .....these things happen ....most especially when you dont want them to LOL !!!! I would be glad to take the mini jonquils off your hands and the plant pots ( I never say no to plant pots) but what can I give you in trade?

I do have false solomon's seal, some canadian wild ginger and some Bouncing Bet as listed above ( I know you like natives and I may also be able to come up with some bellwort if that interests you as a trade . ) I also can come up with white or yellow wild violet .... Let me know

Splashdown .. I dont have a trade list anymore, unfortunately it went the way of the dodo bird ....I will have to check what daylilies I have left to trade as I just finalized a daylily trade with another lady. ( she is out of Windsor and not attending our trade ) Off the top of my head,(these will all be single fans)
    I have:
    Siloam David Kerchoff
    Elegant Candy
    Siloam Uri Winniford and I just found Broadway Gal ...I forgot where I planted it .LOL ! I will have to get back to you on others.

I do have a large number of named crosses seedlings I grew this winter if they might interest you ( I have about 450 of them) but please dont ask me to list the crosses, You will be able to see them when you come for the swap though.

Hi Daldak , I dont have any problems controlling forget me not let me know if you want some.

Signet

• daldak
    17 years ago

thanx FLOWERGIRL for the anemone "madonna", spiderwort and beebalm. And sorry, it WAS the orange poppy I was interested in. Is there anything I can provide in trade (see list May 5)

thanx again SIGNET, for the link about ladybells, I would love some, in additon to trying some of your forget me nots, and bouncing bets should you have abundance. I will bring the turtle heads and sawdust for you.

SPLASHDOWN, should you have an abundance (don't give up viable trades on account of me)...I would love for the floowing hostas; herifu, paul's glory, purple dwarf, and so sweet. Also do you have any extra plumbago (as per a previous email). My trades are limited but listed in a May 5th posting. Let me know.

Lastly, without going back through all the posting does anyone remember who had the white poppies...and are there any still available?

thanx so much guys...your all wonderful and making a newbie such as myself very sorry I haven't more to offer everyone. Oh yeah, I read somewhere that some people use breadtags to mark plants in the garden...anyone have a use for them as I have a number of them kicking about.

• knottyceltic
    17 years ago

Hi Signet,

I don't need anything in trade for the plant pots and jonquils. I'm just glad to pass them on to someone who can use them. Hubby is thilled to lose the plant pots for sure ;o)

Here's my updated list:

I should have the following:

2 pot Daylily "Fulva" (DRAGONFLY & LUVINLIFE) no more Fulva available
    1 pot "Hens'n'Chicks" still available
    several pots "Disco Orange Marigold" (FLOWERLADY) still available
    several pots "Pale Corydalis" (DRAGONFLY) still available
    1 pot "miniature Lemon Jonquils" (SIGNET) no more Jonquils available

From my woods I can bring:

Trout Lily bulbs (shade) (SIGNET) still available
    Bloodroot (shade) still available

I'll also bring seed packets for people to peruse.

The person who was looking for woodland natives... are you still interested?

Barb

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Knottyceltic,

You were looking for purples for your back garden werent you? If you are interested I have a single fan of Night Beacon I could give you . Here is a link to a pic of Night Beacon http://db.tinkersgardens.com/images/?filename=NIGHT%20BEACON_HANSEN%20RA_19882.jpg&cultivar=NIGHT%20BEACON

It's a real pretty daylily . Let me know

Signet

• nyssaman
    17 years ago

I'm in!!!! - still puttin a list together - so far I have Kentucky coffee trees should have persimmon trees also - osage orange tree seedlings are coming along just need more heat for stuff - can get some sensitive ferns - jack in the pulpit - Lookin forward to meeting everyone.

Jeff

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Nyssaman /Jeff

Glad to hear that you are coming ! I would love a persimmon tree . I havent planted my seeds for the coffee tree yet, figured they needed a cold stratification period so will do that this fall. So if you actually have one that has germinated I would love it .

What might you like in trade?

Oh , and if anyone has any of the plastic trays you get at nurseries,(you know the ones - they put small pots of plants in them to carry like a tray) I would be very interested in some of them preferably the hard thick plastic ones ......not the thin plastic.

Thanks

Signet

• daldak
    17 years ago

I also have a large yarrow I can divide should anyone want (flowers white)

• knottyceltic
    17 years ago

Hi Jeff, great to see you are joining the group. I have very little to offer since my gardens are only on their second year but mostly wanted to attend for the socializing. Quite a few of us met last year at Deb's house for the swap. We are glad to have you aboard and I think with Signet hosting, we are in for a real treat. She's going to show us "Hosta Choice Gardens" near her home but even better we get to see her vast array of plants she has collected and nurtured.

As for me, I don't know that I have anything you might like but if you have an extra Kentucky Coffee Tree seedling, I'd be happy to take one off your hands. Just an aside Jeff...I'm still hoping for those bladdernut seeds to sprout. My wintersowing didn't do well at all and those pots that did sprout are only just sprouting now so I really don't see the benefit of doing the wintersowing at all.

Barb

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Knottyceltic ,

Were you interested in that daylily I offered you? Oh and if you are interested I have a chestnut tree seedling I could send your way.

Let me know

Signet

• knottyceltic
    17 years ago

Hi Signet, geeze I didn't even see your kind offer of the purple daylily. I truely can't Signet...I just don't have anywhere to put it but the gesture was sweet...thank you :o)

A Chestnut seedling I can put in the woods I think...it's native, isn't it?

Barb

• daldak
    17 years ago

FLOWERGIRL: do you have any extra white phlox, pink malva or star of wartburg? Only if you have an abundance you've already been TOO kind in your previous offers.

thanx
    daldak (aka Carol)

• lovinlife
    17 years ago

daldak:
    I will put aside some lupins for you. I noticed that you wanted some hardy hibiscus, I have some Rose of Sharon- single blooms if you are interested.

nyssaman:
    I would love some of your Jack in the pulpit

• dragonfly
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone
    I'm sorry to say that I won't be able
    to make the swap
    everyone have fun and I'll be thinking of you
    Debbie

• knottyceltic
    17 years ago

So is the firm date/time May 28th @ 11:00?

Barb

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Barb,

Yes May 28th , @ 11:00 .....that will give people travelling the opportunity to ease into the day rather than feeling like they have to rush , unless the majority of people prefer a different date.

Sorry to hear you cant make it Deb.....Thanks for letting me know....I will plant the hops vine then instead of leaving it in a pot.

I will be starting a new thread as we have used up the 100 postings on this one.
    Signet

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio
More Discussions