SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kizzyseeds

WANTED: Going Native

kizzyseeds
18 years ago

Hi everybody,

I've been on GW for 3 years now and have collected an extensive variety of plants and seeds. However, most of them are tropicals, etc.

I have become disabled this year, recovering from a broken neck and other injuries I sustained when I was struck by a car while crossing the street. Anyway, I have grown almost everything in pots and I can't keep up with maintaining them now so I want to landscape. I'm spending a lot of time on my front porch and want to attract butterflies and hummingbirds to enjoy.

I have awakened to the fact that native plants are ecologically the way to go. I will still grow a couple of my tropicals in pots to enjoy the beauty and fragrance, but I don't want them in my landscape. Unfortunately, I don't know much about native plants, as many introduced species have become naturalized here.

I'm hoping that some of the knowledgeable traders on this forum can help me out with suggestions or offers of seeds/plants. I'm getting on in years and would really like the satisfaction that I have done something admirable with this property, as well as leaving something for my grandchildren to nourish.

Thanks for your "ear".

Sharon

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting