SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bev_w

Specials / Named Varieties Round Robin

bev_w
17 years ago

Hi all,

Let's see if we can get this started-- there seemed to be enough interest on Ladybug's earlier thread. So here goes . . .

1. Robin limited to ten participants.

2. Seeds only (no gifts/crafts/doo-dads) to keep the package weight down

3. Named varieties and "special" seeds only. Commercial extras okay. Garden /home collected okay only if you know the variety and know that that it will likely come true from seed. "Special" can be an unusual colour, a new release, a Fleuroselect winner, a hard-to-find variety.

4. Seed packets should be labelled with botanical (latin) name and variety.

5. Please use sturdy packets so we don't have messy mishaps.

6. Take no more than you give. You can take as many packets as you like so long as you replace the same number.

7. Replacements should not duplicate varieties that are already in the package. For example, if you there is already some Hibiscus moscheutos 'Disco Belle White' in the package, don't use the same variety as a replacement for what you take. You could, however, use a different variety Hibiscus, such as "Lord Baltimore Red".

8, Diversity is good. Replacements should not include more than two of the same variety. See (9)

9. You may give more than you take. These "extras" can be duplicates. Keep in mind that if everyone gives extras, the padded envelope is soon overwhelmed and someone eventually will need to replace it with a larger one, meaning the mailing cost goes up.

1. Participants should forward the package within two days of receiving it. If you have vacation plans between mid-February and mid-March, please don't participate. It is not fair to others further down the list to bear the inconvenience of vacation delays. Keep in mind that indoor sowing season is fast approaching, and delays can sometimes mean that a planting date is missed.
  2. Use whatever delivery service or courier you like. You may want to choose Canada Post's "express post" service because it has delivery confirmation.
  3. Please post "received and sent" updates on this thread, so we can track the progress of the Robin.

If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me off the board at bevw(at)idirect.com .

So, from the previous thread, I think we have seven or eight so far. To confirm your participation, please e-mail me with your full name and mailing address so I can keep track of how many we have.

Ladybug6a

origami_master (Kenny)

Eternity2669 (Melanie)

Blueiris3 (Heather)

Lisanfl (Lisa)

Shanta5 (Shanta)

trishthegardenmom (Trish)

Delores??? (please let me know)

Please let me know asap if you must drop out so someone else can have your place.

Thanks in advance,

Bev

Comments (55)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions