SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toddo20_gw

Weeping Blue Atlas Cedar

toddo20
15 years ago

I am new to this gardening obsession and I am fairly hooked. When I first moved into my current house, my first one, I uprooted the overgrown gardens and started from scratch. I left a WBAC since it was in great shape, this was 3 Springs ago. The tree has been doing great, along with the rest of the plants.

Suddenly, meaning the last few weeks, I have noticed that the WBAC is becoming increasingly discolored. I have been googling everything that I can think of for a solution but have yet to come up with one. The best description is that it is looking faded, not the normal deep blue-green that I am accustomed too. There is still some new growth which has good color but the faded color is working it's way toward the trunk. I really don't want to lose this tree, it is a great corner piece to my front yard.

I think it is at least 8-10 yrs old judging from size of the trunk, and I have done nothing new to the garden surrounding it, aside from some annuals.

If anyone has any sort of idea what this might be, or even what could be causing it please get respond. In my completely non-professional opinion this is what a tree would look like prior to dying. (again i have never really seen a tree die, but this is what I would think it looks like)

Thank you for your help. I am happy to have joined this Midlantic gardening forum.

Also, I can potentially get pics if needed, although I am not sure the coloring would come through correctly.

Comments (2)