SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deangreen

anyone else watering in OK

15 years ago

I was going to wait for some spring rain, but it's been so extremely dry here and today so nice and warm, also a burn warning of western OK on the news this morning..hmm.

And I had recently read something about Daylilies LOVE water.

SO I got out the sprinklers last night and let them run, also more this morning... I just wasnt' sure since our last frost officially is not until after April 15..., well that's the average safe date anyhow.

Another thing I was thinking about today while digging up a texas lilac bush to take over to my folks place (yes I needed the room for more flowers on order), I was digging up a lot of roots. I know there are a lot of tree roots that reach up into my beds... and I started thinking about how daylies like "well drained soil", and thought well maybe the roots help drain that soil... ha ha.

actually I figure if I can dig up the beds and till them every other fall, I should be doing all right as far as keeping the tree roots out. Its mainly because of the silver maples in the backyard! UGH.

and just for fun, something completely nothing to do with daylilies... can you guess the plant?

{{gwi:680759}}

hint, it's been there 5 years and has barely grown an inch.

again, UGH.

Comments (6)