SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hmacdona1

Tomato Lovers Round Robin

hmacdona1
15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I would like to start a tomato seed round robin for Canadian gardenweb members. Here are the guidelines to make this easier and fair to everyone that participates.

1) I will start the package with a minimum of 30 packets of seed. These will be 30 different types of tomato seeds (no duplicates). I will post the final count here later.

2) Signups for this round robin will continue until February 20th, at which time I will mail the package to the first person that signed up.

3) By signing up for this round robin, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING:color="#0000FF">

* You will post here when you receive the package and post again when it has been mailed to keep all participants informed

* Once the package has been received, you will send it on to the next person within 3 days of receiving it

* You can take as many seed packs out of the package as you wish, but you must replace it with the same number of packs of different tomato seeds (no duplicates). In otherwords, if you remove 10 different seeds packs, you must replace it with 10 different seed packs (not 5 of one type and 5 of a second type).

* Seed packs must contain a minimum of 10 seeds in each pack.

* Seed packs should only include "named varieties" of tomatoes. Do not include mixes or seeds labelled "granny's mystery mix" or anything like that. This is to be fair to those that collect seeds from their tomatoes every year. Please mark when the tomato seed is "heirloom", "open pollinated (OP)", or "hybrid" if known.

* If you wish to include extras because you have a huge surplus, by all means that would be more than welcome, but please mark these packages as extras, so people at the receiving end know they are welcome to take a pack of the "extras" without having to replace it. For those receiving the envelope, please only remove one of each type of extra and pass along the remainder to the next person.

* You must affix proper postage so the person at the receiving end does not end up with a postage due notice in their mailbox. Currently the postage for a large padded envelope with the expected number of seeds is $1.96. On February 23rd, that rate will be increased to $1.96. (up to 200g)

* Depending on the number of participants, the padded envelope may get very well used in transit. You agree to replace it if Canada Post has mangled it beyond use when it arrives in your mailbox :)

* If you sign up and change your mind later, you must notify me asap so we can keep the round robin flowing smoothly.

Let's have some fun trading tomatoes!!!

Post here if you are interested in participating and please send me a private note with your mailing address. Please also make sure your current email address is attached to your gardenweb profile so I can get in touch with you.

Thanks...Heather

Comments (110)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions