SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cfmuehling

Updating on Vlad

cfmuehling
17 years ago

Hi all!

I'm Christine, a friend of Vlad, who loved this board. I'm not so certain how active he was posting, but with his spirit, I'm sure some will remember and wonder where he is.

Vlad died 2 weeks ago on Sunday of pneumonia after being weakened by a very rabid form of cancer. It was literally over the course of about 5 days, where his stable condition turned into the end. He did die peacefully, in his sleep at home, after 2 days of being able to squeeze friends' hands to say good bye.

I thought I'd let you know there will be a memorial get-together, rather than much of a service, celebrating him at his home in Aquasco, MD. If you're nearby and a friend of Vlad's, please check out the MidAtlantic Gardening board, or you're welcome to email me on CFMuehling @ Verizon.net.

We are also having our 2ce annual Spring, MidAtlantic Gardening Swap in Laurel, MD on May 5th. (If you don't have plants, food will do fine.) This will be somewhat of a memorial to Vlad as well, because he was such an active, giving member of this community. You're very welcome to come. Again, details are on the board.

Please keep Vlad and his dear partner, Eric, in your thoughts and prayers,

Thank you for your time,

Christine

Comments (15)

Sponsored