SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keesha2006

teens...you vote..

keesha2006
15 years ago

surprise encounter last night...it was later last night, (dark) and I went outside on a potty break with my due any day bichon female...I stayed close to her watching for issues. I live on a corner lot in town. The side street is fenced however with a four foot semi open weave wooded fence. As my girl and I wandered thru the dark..I heard voices coming down the side street... every word mother this, mother than...several male teens it sounded like and every second word was mother this, mother that..I stopped and just stood in the dark listening almost expecting trouble. As they entered my view thru the dark, they noticed me on the other side of the fence watching them. I expected the normal teen shouts..hey lady what ya looking at...after all...the mother word was a favorite. Instead, in a very nice tone...quite a change from the mother tone used seconds before when they thought no one was around..in a nice friendly tone, a male voice said, he lady...smokin hot back yard, I was startled, and replied back with a simple thank you thru the darkness. They kept walking...past my property along the road and along side my garage..I could no longer see them now...but a second shout came from the darkness....hey lady..smokin hot stars on your garage too.. (metal barn stars) I again replied with a startled thank you. My bichon and I went back inside a minute or so later..and shocked I told my husband what just occured and we chuckled..not quite sure what to expect......now...here is where you vote...

Will we be now be vandalized? Was this a warning....

Or can teen boys really have simply appreciated my garden when they walk by...( I am assuming they have been thru in daylight hours)....

What is your vote?

I am mixed about it....while definately unusual....they did appear sincere...but.....I can't help but to be guarded....it is just not the normal teen boy conversation here....yet, a part of me says ( or is it wishful thinking) that they meant it...

by the way, this is a small middle class midwestern town...but there is plenty teen mischief from lack of things to do and respect...

And if nothing occurs..and they sincerely meant it..I wish I could know their names, shake the hands, and tell their parents what a fine job they have done...(tho I think maybe I would leave out the multiple mothers conversation portion ) :)

So, should I hold my breath...or....smile and consider myself lucky?

Comments (16)

Sponsored