SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charla_in_the_south

Cure daylily leaf streak? not rust, I think....

My daylilies have had leaf streak for several years now. They turn yellowy and yucky by late July, usually. (My fingers don't get orange, so I'm guessing it's not rust). I'm finally getting around to doing something about it. They're dreadfully overcrowded (been in the same bed for 7 years!) so I'm going to dig, divide and move to different part of the yard. Big job! I have a zillion fans out there! Since I'm going through all this trouble, I will also:

*cut off all the green parts down to the crown ? Yes? The green parts are only just beginning, but the bed is filled with last years leaves.

*separate my plants and shake dirt off the roots

*and....

This is where I'm really unsure: I have Daconil (Chlorothalonil) and I have bleach. I know I can make a solution of bleach (10%? Or stronger?). Should I dip the plant, roots and all into the bleach? Into the Daconil? One or the other, or both? Should I only dip the top part and keep the roots out of it? What about time... folk say "soak". Does that mean overnight? The whole plant, roots, stem and all? If I should only dip... how long is that? One second? One minute?

I'm unwilling to invest any money into this, but I am going to be investing an enormous amount of time and energy... so I'd like to do it right... and only do it once! I have two young children, so doing something like spraying every two weeks for the rest of the summer is right out: haven't managed it in the past 3 years... I'm still looking at that bottle of Daconil.

Advice?

Charla

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH