SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa33_gw

My four-legged bulldozer - tips?

lisa33
14 years ago

I need a reality check. I spent last year focusing on my front garden, and this year my attention has turned to my backyard. The problem? In October I got a bulldog. On the first day I had him, I made the mistake of letting him in the front yard. Within moments he had snapped a newly-planted reblooming azalea off at the trunk by walking through it. He is dense and has a low center of gravity. In that instant, I learned to keep him confined to the fenced backyard.

Back to my grand plans. Are there techniques I can use to keep the dear doggie from destroying everything I plan to do in the backyard? I plan to put a fence around my potager/kitchen garden, but I'd love to have some beds outside of that. Do I need to resign myself to the unfenced sections of the backyard being doggie domain? He doesn't dig, but he can create a path of destruction just by lumbering through things (RIP azalea). Will cast iron edging help? I'd love some advice from those of you who have been there, done that.

Thanks!

Lisa

P.S. Here is the little booger looking very innocent--basking in the sun this week.

{{gwi:642580}}

Comments (28)

Sponsored