SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chaparralgirl

Some people drink... I buy plants.

chaparralgirl
12 years ago

What better way to try to cheer yourself up after a really crappy day than by buying yourself more C&S?

I know I've kind of been on a C&S shopping binge lately. But I just lost my job today, and I don't drink, and my sinuses become positively impassable when I cry, and I was passing near the nursery anyway, so I figured it was the next best thing.

No time for my usual picture show right now, I have to study for a final tomorrow, but here's a quick shot of what I got:

More detailed photos later. After a pint of ice cream, perhaps...

*CG*

Comments (38)

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Sorry to hear about your job.happened to me also a few years ago right before Christmas . Really bad timing. Good luck on your test. Oh,nice plants......enjoy the ice cream.....
    Sharon

• hanzrobo
    12 years ago

Oh man, sorry about the job, CG. I'm sure there's something better in line for you.
    I know how it is, I think we all do. I snuck into Lowe ' s on the way home today (as I sometimes do) just to see if the truck came. It didn't. I've been looking out for Pleiospilos nelii 'Royal Flush' ever since CG posted that she'd found them at Home Depot a couple weeks ago.

The Monadenium is incredible. The Pachyphytum, also very nice. I believe that when one door closes, another one opens. I think I'm qualified to say, your best wishes are in our hearts this Holiday.

• Related Discussions

Buy in Bulk - plant some now and some in Spring??

Q

Comments (5)
    Wow, Yardvaark could have written that last paragraph about me ... and probably a good many other gardeners on this site and off. There are some great deals to be found this time of year, and this is a perfect time for planting: the ground is till warm enough to encourage root growth, but the sun's heat and intensity are waning, placing less stress on the plant. If ... no, when ... I am forced to overwinter winter-hardy woody plants or herbaceous perennials in containers, in late fall I will usually sink the containers into a trench, backfill loosely, then cover the soil with shredded leaf mulch. Sometimes some late season event interferes with that procedure (like an oil spill in the koi pond, or Superstorm Sandy) and plants have overwintered in pots above ground here in my zone 7 garden with no adverse effects. I at least try to put them in a sheltered location and pile up some leaves (or even unshredded ones) around the pot for insulation. The real issue is that the moisture level and especially the temperature level in the container "soil" will be much less stable than in the ground. Think of mild, sunny winter days, with the sun beating on those dark-colored nursery pots, followed by freezing nights. Anything you can do to minimize those fluctuations will lessen the stress on any plants you cannot plant this fall. Bottom line: Planting right away would be best, as overwintering in containers can be done but does involve some risk - you will have to make that decision.
    ...See More

Raspberry plants - where can I buy some?

Q

Comments (29)
    catfishhoward , Sorry... I didn't click the checkbox for updates on this thread or I would have responded sooner. By the end of year 2, your tissue culture plant and the 3-year raspberry plant will be the same size, so there isn't much value in buying bigger plants, at least in my opinion. Older plants in pots often need to have their roots trimmed because the very quickly circle the pots they are in and won't grow as well unless you trim the roots, which will set the plant back a bit. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you... hopefully Willis delivers live plants...they don't have a good reputation for online orders. I did notice that Bay Laurel Nursery will offer Baba next year, if you change your mind or need replacements. I know you want to get big plants fast but the fruit business takes some patience because if you do it right, these plants can provide fruit for 10 years or more. Put in bad stock and you'll be doing this again next year. One of the better ways of getting a lot of raspberries fast is buying rootstock. I have purchased Anne, Caroline, Tulameen, and Cascade Delight raspberry rootstock from Scenic Hill Farm Nursery and it worked great each time. The plants establish quickly and you have a whole patch instead of 2 or 3 plants. I'm not sure they are in season but they sell through Ebay as well. If you plant the rootstock for Fall-bearing varieties like Caroline or Anne in the early Spring you should have fruit by the Fall. By the next summer you will have a whole patch of healthy raspberry plants. If you go with bareroot stock, you will get a bigger root system and the price is usually pretty low. All of my black and purple raspberries were planted as bare roots, except one.
    ...See More

Raspberry plants - where can I buy some?

Q

Comments (7)
    I planted 3 raspberry plants last year or year before. I think 2 are the Fall Gold- they produce yellow golden raspberries that have a really nice sweet flavor, but size-wise the fruit are kinda small. Anyway, I just wanted to say that my Fall Gold seem to spread quite a bit- and I end up just pulling and discarding the ones that are spreading where I don't want them. I got mine at Pike- so you could try calling them. I got mine when they were on clearance (half off or 75% off) but originally they were expensive. The other one, I cant remember its name, but I want to call it Latham, I got it last year from Walmart- its roots were in a bag and it just had a stalk sticking out of it and it was marked really cheap in the fall (maybe 99 cents). Anyway, I expected that plant to die, and it too is spreading far and wide. I think if you are still looking, maybe you could post if anyone is looking to discard raspberries also, cause I know, I just trash mine. The only problem with taking some from someone like me is that you wouldn't know if they are the fall gold or latham cause they are planted in same patch together.
    ...See More

Some people can plant plants in asphalt

Q

Comments (0)
    I went and visited a friends garden and he had one area where he was having a lot of luck growing things in broken up asphalt, limestone gravel and some course sand along with some crappy limey dirt. He said things struggled and then he put them here and they woke up. Go figure. I doubt he screened his chunks to get them the same size. True he bought this agave in LA , the land of asphalt. He is also able to grow just about everything. Doesn't this look like some intergeneric foreplay? There is one agave caressing a yucca with abandon. And talk about a bloom. It's a Dr. Suess bloom This is the plants first bloom after 25 years,
    ...See More
  • Colleen E
    12 years ago

Love that Pachyphytum -- been on the lookout for one!

I'd be curious to ID the little one in the front row, far right. I've seen similar here and there, and should have snagged 'em, but did not, and I like that plant.

But I really do love the hues in that Pachy. Prettier than ones I've come across.

I am so sorry to hear about your job. Sigh, worst time of year.

• norma_2006
    12 years ago

I am the same, I rather buy plants then eat. Norma

• Central_Cali369
    12 years ago

Sorry about your job! If your faith is something you rely on, know that He provides. In thick and thin, that's one thing you can be sure of :)

Wonderful Monadenium! And the Senecio is great too

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Sorry about your job. Hopefully you'll find a better position soon. Nice plants. I especially like the Monadenium. New plants are a great pick me up, actually any kind of shopping improves my mood : ) Good luck on your final today.

• meyermike_1micha
    12 years ago

I am sorry about your job loss too.

Anyone that sees your nice disposition and great personality would hire you in a heart beat.

You will do fine and your love for your plants will be very comforting at this time, believe me:-) Good luck on your test

Mike

• chaparralgirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, everyone, for the support. I can't tell you how much it means to me. I really, really appreciate it.

To keep things in perspective, it's important for me to remember that there are scores of people who have it far worse than I do, and that, all things considered, I am still extremely blessed and fortunate to have what I do have. The initial shock and indignation is wearing off, and it's time for me to move forward. I do hold to my faith that God will open a window for me somewhere at the right time.

Here's the skinny: I was working as a part-time/on-call/reserve firefighter for a municipal department. One of the requirements for my position was that I needed to live within a certain distance from the station. With our recent move, there was some question as to whether or not I would still be under the limit. I had just determined that I was, in fact, under the limit by half a mile; so, after class yesterday, I stopped by the station to advise the chief that I would be able to stay on and respond as needed. However, there seems to be some discrepancy over what that actual distance limit is, and the chief responded to my good news by saying that I am actually half a mile over the limit; so, to be fair to the others he's had to let go because of distance, he needed me to turn in my gear and all ID badges and whatnot, and he thanked me for my service and wished me luck in my career.

You can imagine my shock and chagrin. He wouldn't budge on the distance limit, despite the fact that several of the guys had told me that the number had recently been changed to the one that allowed me to stay; nor would he budge over the half-mile "overage," despite the fact that he'd told me 2 weeks prior that if I ended up being over by as little as that much he could let it slide.

My husband went and looked up the policy online (something I didn't think to do, because why would the policy manual be online?), and he actually found the updated policy - updated earlier this year, 2011 - stating the max distance from the city limits, not the station, to be the number that would allow me to stay.

Needless to say, I'm going to fight this.

It may not go in my favor. We'll have to see. I do believe in God, and I trust that He has plans for me, wherever they may lead. (Please, please, no offense whatsoever to those of you who hold to a different faith, including atheism - I'm just stating how I'm approaching the situation.)

Honestly, I never intended to stay with this particular department long-term. I'm applying for the Forest Service for next fire season, so I can go out and fight wildland fires (my passion), and I'm also applying for internships to work with native California chaparral (another passion - hence my user name, "chaparralgirl"). But I really don't want to leave this job on these terms, and I don't want to have that gap of unemployment.

*bleaaaaghhhh!* Ok! On to the moving on! Again, thanks so much to all of you for the support and encouragement. I can let you know how things go, if you're interested. (I do want to be a good chaparral girl and stay on-topic. *wink*) As soon as I get a chance, I'll take some more photos of my new additions and get a proper slide show (as it were) up.

BTW, this nursery where I'm buying these C&S, if I remember the prices correctly, they're selling 2" pots for $1.99, 3" pots for $2.99, 4" pots for $3.99, and 6" pots (like the Monadenium) for $7.99. I don't know if those sound like good prices to any of you, but if they do, I wouldn't mind taking requests (based on what they have available) and mailing them to you.

Hanzrobo, I'll keep an eye out for that "Royal Flush" for you. (I know, that was at HD, but I'll still keep an eye out.)

Thanks again, everyone. Best to you all.

*CG*

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    12 years ago

CG...really sorry to read of your job loss, so good luck in the future, I hope things work out for you. Plant buying can be a real boost so I'm sure you will get great pleasure from your lovely purchases. Here's wishing 2012 will bring you what you wish for in many ways :)
    Gill from the UK.

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    12 years ago

CG, I really feel for you. I go beyond believing in God, I know for sure of God and his son Jesus. I will pray and keep you in my prayers. And for those who don't believe, I will very much keep you in my prayers. God has answered many of my prayers. I used to say wherever God leads me is better than where I've been. An old country hymn title. Please keep the faith. There are reason I can't answer but must happen to work out.
    Stush

• User
    12 years ago

Hi CG,

Sorry to hear abt the job loss. On seeing further comments of yours today, I particularly wish to say, good for you to want to fight this, pls. DO fight it. You asked the policy distance & were answered, the policy is apparently unclear & it's THEIR responsibility (the employer's, not yours) to be clear on what they're doing. They can't enforce a policy on which they themselves are unclear.

I'm not an attorney (but worked in law for many years as a legal secretary in different kinds of law), but would suggest you fully document this immediately, including documenting the names of the guys who told you the distance had recently been changed. Also document "the fact that he'd told me 2 weeks prior that if I ended up being over by as little as that much he could let it slide".

If there's a union involved, pls. contact them to inform them of what has transpired. If it were me, I would file a formal, written complaint w/ your local (State) Dept. of Labor) & be sure to mail it Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested (this is legal proof of the mailing).

Personally, I would go as far as contacting local law firms specializing in Employment/Labor law. Initial attorney consultations are often free, see if you can arrange for that.

A good place to look for attorneys (nationwide) is the site martindale.com (by the legal publishers Martindale Hubbell).

I don't know if part-timers qualify for unemployment compensation, a whole separate question.

Sounds like they did you wrong!

You mentioned they enforced this against others, were they men AND women, or just women?

I'll cross my fingers for you & wish you good luck & send strong, positive, productive thoughts your way.

(PG) Karen

• Colleen E
    12 years ago

I will pray as well.

This past year has been a pretty bad year in some respects, and I know it has been for so many people, with the U.S. economy. We had cancer strike the family, on top of the financial pains...cancer is awful if the loved one diagnosed is loving and kind, and it's an equally difficult situation if the individual is not at all a kind person and money in savings is scarce... The end of this year and start of next year may seem very long and hellish for my poor mother.

Quitting school to move home at least gave me more fun Mom time and more plant space, though. ;)

Again, I'm so sorry to hear about your job. Keep buying plants? :) Hah, enablers. And those are pretty good prices. Keep an eye on their Aeoniums and an eye out for any Dudleya, if you catch 'em, 'cause I would maybe have to take you up on that! Dudleya brittonii...sigh. And if you'd like one of the 'Hummel's Sunset' leaves I received from a friend, do let me know. Or you could wait until I actually have some cuttings going.

• CorpsmanCooper
    12 years ago

CG,

First and foremost thank you for what you do! It's a shame what they've done to you and I hope you end up winning this battle! Those a beautiful plants and it's a shame they were bought under such circumstances! What am I talking about! It's not a shame you bought them! Awesome! They are beautiful! Please keep us posted on your job! It's never easy when you lose a source of income!

~Erin~

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    12 years ago

CG,

I admire your spirit and response to it - you got to fight The Power sometimes, and I wish you luck.

That second box, what a cup of crassulicious lovely!

• chaparralgirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

GOOD NEWS!

I was JUST calling HR to see if I could get a copy of the distance policy, when a call came in from one of the station lines. It was the chief. He was calling to tell me that, after our conversation the other day, he got to thinking about that maximum distance and decided he should double-check it, just to be sure (I presume since I had expressed my understanding that it was the higher number); sure enough, I was right. (His exact words were, "I'm calling to tell you that you were right and I was wrong.")

So I get to keep my job. :)

A cause for celebration! Too bad the nursery is closed for the day - but they'll be open tomorrow, so I think everyone knows where I'll be tomorrow. :)

Thanks, everyone, for your prayers and support. :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!

*CG*

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    12 years ago

I am so happy for you!!! I am glad this ended peacefully even tho you did loose sleep etc. Time to celebrate! I just ended my career as an Union Officer and I was sitting here ready to go to bat for you. They did you so wrong. Great it worked out. I would ask for missing pay for pain and suffering.

So go get in the car I see a $7.99 at Home Depot coming your way.

• pennyhal
    12 years ago

Ah, a good fair man at heart! Listened to what you had to say, went on his own to double check the regulations to make sure he had it right, saw his mistake, owned up to it, and righted the wrong. What more could you ask for? I wouldn't be surprised if some of your colleagues at the station heard about it and questioned the chief about his decision in your support as well.

All's well that ends well and you can enjoy your evening surrounded by all the lovely plants you have purchased and eating ice cream to your heart's delight! And you can plan tomorrow's plant purchases too as a bonus!

• meyermike_1micha
    12 years ago

Now it's tike to celebrate by adding a few more too your collection!

FANTASTIC for you since you deserve it!

Teatree: Sorry to hear of your situation too. You know they said that more Americans are in the low income bracket than ever before. They say most are too rich, right, to get help when they need assistance, and to poor to afford anything. I wonder how many of us are that 99%?

I was forced out of work for 4 months due to an injury and fell way behind on my bills and can never seem to get caught up. It isn't easy for many of us to stay afloat I tell you. Hoping everything goes well for all here.

Mike

• Colleen E
    12 years ago

Thank you, Mike...although I'm not the lady of the hour who just got her job back (congratulations!!). I count myself fortunate that I went against logic and good judgment a couple months ago and ordered a few Haworthia off ebay, because now that really wouldn't be possible! (And yes, there has always been the problem of being not well-off enough to afford a lot, but yet not poor enough to really be acknowledged by the system in some respects. Such has been my constant battle with the school system in trying to obtain financial aid.)

So glad to hear the good news!

• User
    12 years ago

Well CG,

I couldn't be happier for you. What a GREAT piece of news! Imaging that ought to make for a pretty Merry Christmas.

• eahamel
    12 years ago

What a thread! I'm glad you're getting your job back. Really glad. I was laid off 6 months ago, and haven't found anything yet. Buying plants is a better mood altering addiction than drugs or alcohol, isn't it? I saw a bunch of those succulents at HD,too, and got two rhipsalis that are in 2" pots with hangers attached.

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    12 years ago

Great news!
    Gill from the UK.

• CorpsmanCooper
    12 years ago

YAY CG! I'm happy for you! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!

~Erin~

12 years ago

See, buying plants help. I got to remember that.
    One part of my prayers got answered. the other one is how did you do on your test. Hope you got a A +. I keep hoping and praying for you.
    Stush

• chaparralgirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

All,

So sorry I've been delaying in getting back to y'all. I took a slew of photos of most of my new plants (there are two that I forgot about, and then the sun went down, and that's really the best light to take pics in), and I've been trying to get the images resized and cropped and whatnot. They're not all done yet, and I want to post them all together, so it'll be a slight delay still. *frustrated grrr* (I really want to show you what I got!)

I do want to respond to some posts in the meantime. I feel rather neglectful in letting that go this long. Let me do this in multiple posts, so this one isn't gargantuan.

*CG*

• chaparralgirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

First, a job is a job, but nothing can compare to a mother. Nothing. Teatree, my hopes and thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother. I won't ask details - you can share what you're willing to share - but that you have given up so much to be everything you can be for your mother is a testament not only to who you are and how much she means to you, but who she is and everything she has done for you in your life. You have now the gift of time to spend with her; she has the gift of you. God bless you for being so wonderful and loving a daughter. I pray you have as much "mom time" as His Plan allows.

• chaparralgirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mike: I really should be paying more attention to the whole Occupy movement and the 99%, seeing as how I'm most definitely among the 99. But yeah, I'd say don't even get me started on such things. The gross imbalance of resources in our country is maddening. I don't begrudge the wealthy for being wealthy - there are people who have worked very hard to achieve that kind of success, and a good number of them who truly have generous hearts; what I find so unbelievable is the system that has established itself to protect the 1% of wealth at the expense of the rest of us.

I'm reminded of a song by Nine-Inch Nails, called "Head Like a Hole." If I may:

(verse 1)

God Money, I'll do anything for you.
    God Money, just tell me what you want me to.
    God Money, nail me up against the wall.
    God Money don't want everything, he wants it ALL.

(verse 2)

God Money's not looking for a cure.
    God Money's not concerned about the sick among the pure.
    God Money, let's go dancing on the backs of the bruised.
    God Money's not one to choose.

No, you can't take it.
    No, you can't take it.
    No, you can't take that away from me.

(refrain)

Head like a hole, black as your soul -
    I'd rather die than give you control.

Bow down before the one you serve.
    You're going to get what you deserve.

Pretty dark lyrics - and disturbingly true.

I'm finishing up watching "The World According to Monsanto" and finding that this could very well be their theme song.

As could it for many, many other corporate entities and government agencies that serve to protect only their own special interests, rather than the interest, well-being and good of the people.

• chaparralgirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Stush: I actually ended up not taking my final that day. The class was for what we call Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator 1B: Pumping Operations. (1A is for learning to drive and maintain a fire vehicle - typically an engine. 1B is for learning how to operate the pump safely and effectively to put water on the fire.) The instructor for the class is also a lieutenant with my dept, and he's been running another 1B class simultaneously for members of the dept. I had attended the one outside the dept for scheduling reasons; but on the morning of the final, I noticed that the suture site on the dog we're fostering appeared to have become infected, and I didn't want to delay seeking veterinary care, so I asked if I could take the final with the dept class. He said yes. So far, we don't have a scheduled date. On the one hand, it's a little frustrating, because I'd like to get it done and over with. On the other, it does give me more time to study, and at least one other guy in the class said he needs to put in some study time, so I'm hoping he and I can get together on that. (Two heads being better than one.) It won't be a difficult final by any stretch. Fireground hydraulics is very easy on paper. I will definitely let you know how it goes, though. :)

• chaparralgirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

To all of you, who have been so caring and supportive, I feel the need to clarify - and it's my fault, really, for not explaining it better in the first place. When I said that I lost my job, it was a true statement - it all went down the way I described - but between the time I was given notice and the time I got the "oops, my bad" call, I hadn't turned anything in - not my gear, not my pager, not my IDs, nothing (because I was intending to fight it); and I'm not sure that HR had been advised yet. So, I think technically at this point I can't rightfully say (anymore) that I "lost" my job - at least, not in the sense that I "got it back." It's more like I was able to keep it at the last minute (if that makes any sense).

As well, because my position is part-time/on-call, I'm paid only for training and for when I'm called in for calls/coverage, and I don't have any benefits. So, there were no lost wages, etc., for the two days I was technically no longer with the dept. (I suppose that's almost a good thing - saves the hassle and red tape of trying to recoup anything that may have been lost otherwise.)

I just felt that clarification was in order. Believe me, I was definitely blindsided by the whole thing, and I truly believe it was the Hand of the Lord that helped me dodge that bullet. (And all of y'all's prayers!) I'm still immensely touched by everyone's support. I just don't want to mislead anyone.

12 years ago

CG, Too much information. I know how busy you must be. New house, new plants, Holiday upon us. We love you and hoped the best. Glad it worked out for you.
    Teatree, My heart goes out to you also. God knows how good you are. Your goodness will not go unrewarded.
    Stush

• birdsnblooms
    12 years ago

CG. When I first read your thread, I felt sorry, then sorrow turned to anger. The day you were told to leave had to be very depressing and upsetting. Any time of year is awful when told one has to leave their job, but right before Christmas!!!

I believe everyone's prayers were heard and answered. I'm sure it's a relief you don't have to fight to get your job back.

It's also great news your chief called to admit he was wrong. A HUGE relief and answer to many prayers.

BTW, very nice succulents. In old movies, when something upsetting happened, a woman ran out and bought a new hat. Nowadays, it's plants, 'at least for us plant lovers.' :)

I am glad everything worked out for the best. A happy ending. You should hurry to the nursery and buy 'Good News' plants. lol.

Teatree..Your decision had to be the most difficult ever made.
    I'm very very sorry about your mom.
    It's easier said than done, but with todays technology, your mom could overcome this dreadful disease.
    Have you researched the Cancer Foundation? This foundation is supposed to be very good, excellent doctors and staff.

In the meantime, now that you're home, you can spend mother-daughter time together. Try, 'even if you don't feel it,' being optimistic. And very understanding. She might feel moody at times; this is when the understanding part comes in handy.

You will be rewarded, Tea. God Bless..Toni

• Colleen E
    12 years ago

Well, Toni, it's actually my father who has terminal oral cancer (diagnosed almost two months ago) and is talking about cancer treatment (oral and lymph node surgery, facial reconstruction, radiation, etc.). I don't feel it's appropriate to talk too much about for possible legal reasons, but like I've said...cancer is a horrid situation regardless of who in the family it is and what type of person he/she is, and it's a unique situation here, where the person diagnosed is rather hateful, and fairly broke. My dad's an ornery old coot, and always has been, and is of the opinion that a wife has no claim to anything financial if the husband has provided the income. His personality is impossible to describe. It's like, if you'd been with someone for thirty years, who has verbally abused you, quietly racked up credit card bills, never let you see a bill in that time and refused to give you any account information, and isn't quite all there mentally due to several strokes...and then after he's cut all insurance coverage, suddenly he has cancer and, with treatment, might live an extra year or two, you'd be caring for him, and you'd likely about go bankrupt in the process. It's very hard and very scary for my mom. Normally such things would be a family decision and with some consideration for the spouse, and with some more logic about the expense and the chances of survival. He's a mean old brute--an absolutely terrified one, yes, but still how he is. He's dying and not taking it well. You mentioned mood changes with cancer treatment...God, can't even imagine with him!! haha.

I know families go through the expense and hardships of cancer treatment all the time. It's just, sigh, a weird household. I've certainly learned, know who you're marrying before you marry. And if this all progresses, we'll seek help.

You're makin' me want to run out and buy some plants. ;)

Such good news about your job, CG! I'm so happy to hear.

12 years ago

Teatree,
    MY prayers are with you. That means that God is now in charge. Let him take your burdens.
    I have some suggestions, being a man and at times you describe me. Get in touch with your locale church. Bring in friends of your dad to talk to him. Get him to go to church and talk with the minister. I was in great despair at one time of my life. I couldn't even consider going to church or seeking help for myself. I good friend from the church got thru to me and made a big different in my life. The first attempts failed thru, so be warned ahead of time. With God, nothing is impossible. If nothing else, you may seek comfort for you and your mother.
    With love, Stush

• Colleen E
    12 years ago

We stopped attending church when I was a kid because he behaved worse when we did, but yes, it's something we should do, I know. He will never hear a thing of it, but it's something we should do for her and me. I so appreciate the prayers.

Also saw a photo of a fabulous plant this mornin.' :) Good morning thus far.

Here is a link that might be useful: fabulous plant

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    12 years ago

Colleen,

And that's why you're a prize of a human bean, when in spite of the personal turmoil you can think of a plant (and a NWC at that!!!).

12 years ago

Colleen,
    You can't post a picture of a plant with out telling us more about it. Wow, what a beauty! Where, How much, You got my attention.
    Stush

• Colleen E
    12 years ago

Hah, I don't know any more than the photo! Not my beauty! Key words: saw a photo of a fabulous plant this morning. :) Not held or smuggled home. ;)

Jeff, I've always wanted to be a human bean.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• meyermike_1micha
    12 years ago

CG: I hear you on that! But I'll be glad to let you know I was not one of them occupiers...:-)

I am happy for you and Teatree. It can be tough taking care of Moms as I am well aware of, but in the end, we are so rewarded their love and affections:-)

Prayers are with you Teatree, and to all a good night.

Mike

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions