SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kenc_co

Water Waste

kenc_co
21 years ago

Here's one that ought to get you all up in arms! I have a next door neighbor who has an evaporative cooler atop their house which has been leaking water 24/7 since approximately mid-August, at a rate of about a gallon every 10 minutes (now let's see, that would be 6 gallons an hour, or 144 gallons a day, or ??? thousand gallons a month . . .) Do you get my point? The area where I live (a suburb of Denver) has severe water use restrictions in force (yeah, right) which are supposed to apply to everybody and their supposedely are fines imposed on people who waste water. Well, get this... I've complained to the offending neighbors who are snotty and stupid! I then complained to the local lackadaisical "Water Authority" people... boy, was that a waste of time and effort -- first it took 7 telephone calls with the same complaint before they even bothered to have someone investigate the complaint! NOt that it did any good. Nothing has changed! The cooler s still leaking and no fines have been levied by the Thornton (Colorado) Water Authority. My fondest hope is that their house will eventually fall into the sinkhole that so much wasted water is likely to create in our bentonite clay soil which tends to cause settlement problems anywhere you build on it... and maybe then someone will cap off the water pipe that used to run to their house! How's that for wishful thinking?!? I GUESS WHAT ANNOYS ME MOST, IS THE REALITY THAT AS MUCH WATER AS THESE IDIOTS ARE WASTING WOULD WATER MY YARD AND SEVERAL OTHER NEIGHBORS AS WELL FOR THE ENTIER SUMMER NEXT YEAR, AND I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE ARE SO !@%#$!! INCONSIDERATE OF OTHERS!!

Comments (12)

Sponsored