SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stitches216

Recovery from drought - know-how needed

stitches216
21 years ago

It just makes sense that for the type of plant involved, the right things to do, to ensure the best possible recovery from a drought, could vary widely yet be crucial.

Factors such as the time of year when the drought ends; the type of soil; age of plant; and even the general state of health of the individual plant or crop at drought's end, plus other factors, could make a large difference in what procedures to follow. No sense in nursing a plant through a drought, only to kill it by doing the wrong things post-drought.

I have not searched far and wide yet. But my going-in impression is that the literature for how-to-recover might not be organized in the general consumer market yet, in a form that is easy to use or easy to get. There may be a niche open in the popular book market out there for someone to make a lot of sales with a new book on the topic of recovery. Again, it only makes sense that for a natural condition like drought, the know-how for recovery needs to be widespread, yet plant-specific and region-specific enough to be relevant.

But what do I know? Someone might have already tried to make a go of this, even tried many times, and didn't get a nibble...or maybe, the just-right book hasn't been written yet, despite numerous attempts. Or maybe "nursing" and "recovery" are so plant-, soil-, and region-specific, that both of those things only make sense when put into the same book. So maybe the real need is for a series of books such as "Survival of Roses in Texas" and so on or "how-to-care-for" books just need updates to cover drought better.

So for now, the link below might offer clues for those who want to know how best to recover their plants. The URL, if it works, is a search result only.

Congratulations and good luck all with recovery - the congrats are because if you're into recovery, that means your drought is ending!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz