SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xerophytenyc

Days are short, but there's always something stirring...

xerophyte NYC
16 years ago

A little late in the year, and Echeveria blooms are nothing special, but up close they're pretty cool.

Crassula ausensis ssp titanopsis is a nice "honorary" Mesemb

Fenestraria rhopalophylla getting ready to bloom. This is part of a clump I've had for 10+ years from seed, and only in the last 3 years in a row has it started to flower. Why? I now water lightly but frequently (every 1-2 days) starting in November to get the buds to form properly.

Gibbaeum dispar also budding.

Even Titanopsis flower buds display mimicry.

Argyroderma about to flower. There's an old seed pod wedged in there, without the photo I would have never seen it!

Another honorary Mesemb, Crassula mesembryanthemopsis, about to present us with a mini-bouquet

Conophytum maughanii with frilly petals.

Check out this puny little flower, only 2-3mm across! Conophytum stephanii. If it did not flower I could have sworn it was dead.

I just repotted my Welwitschia mirabilis. It had been in a long, thin pot. When I removed the plant, it did not have nearly as extensive a root system as I would have thought. I gave it a shorter but wider container. Now he/ she will be kept warm during recovery for a few weeks.

x

Comments (12)