SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
agnespuffin

There's not always a correct answer

agnespuffin
17 years ago

We have all heard about the problems of dealing with overseas "help" lines. Lemme tell you about dealing with one in the good old US of A.

The transformer on the electric pole behind our house (on the county right of way) blew this morning. Now, there is no mistaking the sound, plus we could see the circuit breaker hanging loose.

I called to report the problem.

A multitude of multiple choice codes to push on the automated answering system. None fit the situation

Finally got a live AMERICAN voice.

I reported the problem, gave the address. That's when the fun started. It seems she has a form that she must fill out in order to turn in the report.

She: I need driving direction from a main street.

Me: It is a main street.

She: I need to know how to get there from a Main Street.

M. Where will the repairman be coming from?

S. I don't know, I am not familiar with the area. I need the driving directions from a Main Street.

M You don't know which way he will be coming from but I am suppose to guess and give you driving directions from this unknown location???

S. Yes, I need driving directions from main street

M. It's the only Main Street in the area for miles.

S. What's the name of another main street so that I can put down the driving directions.

By now, I am sorely tempted to see just how stupid this can get. However, I just start three main streets away and said to turn left twice.

Would you believe that he was there in about five minutes!!! If he had taken the route I gave, it would have taken at least 30 minutes.

And how has your day been???

Comments (20)

Sponsored
More Discussions