SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emj123_gw

Spartan Junipers are driving me nuts

emj123
16 years ago

Long story short (sort of): had 4 spartan junipers. One developed root rot (had poor drainage). One of the 3 remaining was transplanted 2 weeks ago next to the 2 remaining junipers which seem to be thriving. When it was moved,it was not the most vibrant of the survivors; it had a little discloring, but did not (and still does not) exhibit the symptoms of the juniper that did not make it (that one turned brown very quickly and just died).

Since transplanting, it has declined somewhat. On one side (the side that faces the sun much of the day), some of the needles are very light in color (not quite brown), extremely dry and brittle and fall off when touched. Its new location has good drainage, but, we have had little to no meaningful rain the past couple of weeks and in the past week, temperatures have reached the 80's. Thus, I am thinking that it may be lacking water and so I have watered it somewhat over the last week but, on the same token, I am a little paronoid about drowning its roots given what happened to its sister (or is it brother?).

Any thoughts? Too little water causing the dry out?

P.S. For reasons that do not matter, I do not want to get rid of the junipers and would like to save this one if possible.

Comment (1)