SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
citruslover1

Citrus trees in need of help please!!

Citruslover1
9 years ago

Hello everyone. I need some input with my citrus trees please. I have read several forums and have compared them to my problem. But seems like nothing is working. I need to see if maybe I am missing something. I am a new citrus tree gardener. I have followed and read instructions, internet, books on fruit trees.. I have two meyer lemon trees, two navel orange trees, a key lime tree, and last a tango mandrian orange tree. I keep them in containers. Spring, summertime outside and fall, wintertime inside. When temperature drops 30 degrees. They all look healthy in color. Beautiful dark green leaves so I know that I am giving them well enough food. I have been giving them 10-10-10 fertilizer plus citrus & Avocado food citrus tone 5-2-6 alternating jobes fertiziler spikes 9-12-12. I keep them in my basement with a 600 watt hps lamp. They are happy as in I have gotten buds and flowers. Some fruit. one of my lemon tree have given me a lemon. one navel is growing an orange and the tango had four fruit. When I have first bought them in the house I had no leaves falling on them. I started to take it easy by placing them in at night in basement and out when warmer during the day time. so things were going well. this was in September when I started to bring them in. I had little leaf lost. I did notice that i had aphids and scale on them so i bought some bio-neem spray to kill these pests. They had killed off a lot of my buds and flowers. I follow directions to spray once a week. i water once a week too since the lighting gives off good heat. But now my problem is leaves falling off my trees plus on the tango tree i only now have one fruit left from four. Seems like maybe something is eating them. I have set glue traps on the floor for mice. New growth are happening with my leaves. so i don't understand what is making them lose the rest of their leaves. I leave the lamp on at least 6 hrs a day to keep them alive. All the trees had many buds and even opened up into the flower. But then fall off. Please help with any input. I am at a standstill not knowing what else to do. I am not worried about the trees dying because they really look healthy. But i do worry about not getting fruit. Thank you for your help!!

Comments (28)