SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

New Roses for 2013 and the New Extended Garden Area

Annie
11 years ago

I bought two new bareroot roses on Saturday.
Yesterday, I got both roses set into the ground near the mauve-lilac Rosa, "Simply Marvelous' and the white Rosa, 'Martha Merrill' , both Floribunda roses that I bought in spring 2012. Under the canopy of the mauve-red flowering Oklahoma Redbud tree, with the irises and daylilies skirting about their feet, this should look pretty nice. (I hope, I hope)

Below is a pic of the new roses - both are Rosa, 'Pristine', a hybrid Tea.

It was such a pleasant day, so I also dd some more landscaping in the New Extended Garden area. I also finally decided upon the roses to grow on the arch. I am transplanting the 'Golden Showers', cl. rose I had elsewhere to one side and setting a hybrid honeysuckle on the other. The hybrid doesn't replicate itself & spread like the wild honeysuckle variety - says here. It has colours of white, pink and yellow and supposed to be super fragrant. The two together should look and smell wonderful. I bought the honeysuckle last summer, but wasn't sure where I wanted to plant it. I hope they both do well there.

The next step is to move some of the soft pink, pale lilac, and the buttery yellow irises in with the giant re-blooming Infinity irises that I moved into that new garden area two weeks ago. That will pull the colours all together.

I planted two yellow flowering Forsythia bushes in the back and a big clump of white Beautyberry bush. I am wanting to put some white flowering Spirea in the back near the Forsythia bushes. I love the white and yellow colours of these two bushes together in the spring. Still humming and hawing about that. My Bridle's Wreath Spireas tend to spread and take over the whole yard. Hmmmm. Thinking maybe a Vanhouette Spirea instead. I've been wanting to get one anywho. Do they go rampant or stay pretty much in one large clump???

The pink-lilac Wisteria tree (which has yet to bloom) is at the border on the north end, and I planted several David Austins and other roses on the south end with Infinity white Irises. One rose is "Blue Girl" She is a super fragrant rose and so lovely.

I relocated the big concrete birdbath to the back of these and I like it so much better here, and so do the birds. (It's so tweet) There are also the volunteers Larkspurs that have taken over this end for the past few years. I will grow 'Giant Enchantress' zinnias (pink to mauve) and the white pom-pom-like 'Isabellina' zinnia toward the back on the north end. There will be pink, small flowering annuals and white Sweet Alyssum along the edge way.

At the arch entrance will go large yellow and celery green ceramic pots filled with yellow Tulips and Pansies. Flowering tulips will soon go on sale here and I can find just the ones I want for my pots. When the tulips die down, I will plant some type of yellow and white flowering annuals in the pots to keep the colour scheme going through summer. Something with a cooling effect for the summer. If I can't find the pots I want, I'll just paint some of my large terra cotta pots.

If I don't like it, I will dig it all up and change it next year.
My Garden is my canvas and the flowers are my palette.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH