SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maja127

My new lime tree doesn't like me

maja127
16 years ago

I planted a persian lime tree about 6 months ago. It seems to be doing just okay & I've even had some limes the size of walnuts.

I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out on. I would really like this tree to take off. The fragrance alone is so amazing.

The lime tree is growing like a bush. I tried to figure out the main branch, but I can't. It doesn't grow taller, just seems that more branches are coming out from the base instead. Should I leave as is & wait till it gets taller & trim off the excess branches then?

The leaves are curling. I checked for insects & didn't see any at all, even with a magnifying glass. There are faded marks, some that look almost like tracks on the underside of some leaves also.

I DO have a problem with ants in this area. I'm thinking that I might have insects & just haven't been able to find the buggers yet!?

I don't live in Florida f/t yet. I'm only there for about a week every other month so I may be missing the clues I need to help my cute little tree.

Hope someone has some suggestions.

Here is a link that might be useful: multiple branches

Comments (3)