SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardener365

Grafting Results

gardener365
13 years ago

I had 360 pots and removed 245 (68%) good ones today from my greenhouse to my shaded hoophouse. Still another month until the final results are known because they need to be exposed to the outdoors, for that time frame.

There are a lot of factors that go into 68% - like 50-75??? understocks that died therefore allowing no chance of a successful graft........ but I still need to read my notes to see exactly (where I could be at). I lost hell 80-90% of my hard pines in the last 2 and 3 weeks, and I have no explanation. Anyways, here's a glimpse into some of the ones that succeeded.

Best Regards,

Dax

Abies koreana 'Blue Magic' for dcsteg - grafted to A.koreana

Abies koreana 'Wellenseind' for dcsteg

Abies koreana 'Oberon' for dcsteg - hasn't pushed but they always do eventually, even if a year later.

Dave's grafts

Abies concolor 'Bedon'

{{gwi:27601}}

Pinus mugo 'Velzen' - same story, it'll push.

Thuja occidentalis 'Selena' - beautiful conifer

Abies x 'Kundel' (concolor x ?grandis?) It sure smelled good as I cut into the scion..... definitely could be grandis as the other:

Picea pungens 'Vicksburg' - from Nate. Still waiting to see the push:

Picea pungens 'Sanctuary' - from Nate

Picea pungens 'MPH Mamut Torony' - the best blue I've ever seen for a Colorado blue spruce:

{{gwi:27592}}

That pungens will be one of the conifers of the future. Its' weeping form looks like "elephant trunks" draping like vertical curtains on a mostly narrow & upright tree.

92-degrees F here today. 33C

Comments (22)