SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
running_free

'Queen's Gift' - anyone have this?

running_free
14 years ago

Just curious. As generic as a daylily can be if mine is true to form, I'm just trying to make a complete listing of what I have and would like to be certain before ever getting to playing with pollen. Bought this one from a dear friend I've mentioned before that has a rather extensive collection. I don't recall going through her books of rows and I bought it as it had good bud count on a bad deer year. I just enjoy the visits and adding something new as I can, she said this one was "Queen's Gift". Blooms ML for me (later than my sure-thing EM's and M's). Came up on AHS and Tinker's database. The description alone works, bloom period is off and the pics on Tinker's site are waaaay off from what I've got. Mine strongly resembles "So Lovely" and curious if I might need to try to clarify. Easy enough to do this summer, I'd just like to be correct with names when the divisions head out this spring. Here's mine (not so good with the pale yellows, I've got maybe 3-4 pics total of this and none are "picture-perfect'). None of the other 'Queens G" searches came up with anything close, I'm kinda guessin' this one is off that chart...

{{gwi:657129}}

Any help/thoughts/pics appreciated! It wasn't a NOID as purchased so I'd like to be sure when half gets gifted to a lovely young lady who's taken an interest to my silly hobby. Don't so much care if this one isn't it's namesake, just don't want to call it so incorrectly...

~Wes

Comments (2)