SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bryce_dagrower

Fatal Mistake I think

bryce_dagrower
16 years ago

Hello,

I picked up this lemon tree at an airport 3 years ago while I lived in New Jersey. It was about 3 inches tall when I got so I threw it in a pot and stuck it in front of a window.

Three years later the tree is now about 3.5 ft tall. We moved to Florida so I now have it in our backyard (house faces east to west). It gets at minimum 12 hours a sun per day.

We have only been in Florida for two weeks and I have noticed the leaves are really starting to turn yellow. I potted it in potting soil, and have been using a 10-53-10 fertilizer.. After reading about Lemon trees its better to use a 10-3-1 in pots.

After recent research I now know that it likes high nitrogen soil, low everything else. I am about to repot this into a larger pot and I need to know what to do about the yellowing as the leaves are falling off.

I dont know if its root-rot, fertilizer, soil. Not sure why its been fine for 3 years and all the sudden in the FL sun its yellowing, Thought it would grow great. It has never produced flowers, nor has born fruit. I was told because it didnt get enough sun in New Jersey to make fruit.

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it and am uploading a few pics that might help..

Concerned

Bryce_dagrower

image: Leaf 1

image: Leaf 2

image: Whole Tree

Comments (8)