SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bindersbee

I got new babies!

bindersbee
15 years ago

I just paid TOO much money for a gorgeous Cedrus deodara 'Snow Sprite'. The coloration and form of this evergreen are just stunning! I about died when I saw two of them at a local nursery. The owner of the nursery brought in some cool unusuals this past spring and I would have loved to have bought the 'Chief Joseph' Pine but not for $399 for a 3' tall tree. The prices reflect the unsuals of course.

I was also able to get 2 Pinus strobus 'Blue Shag' conifers that are low grafted. I'm hoping that they fill out into a nice ball because I don't love the conifer on a stick look.

In any case, can anyone tell me how much space I should give these two varieties? I'm expecting the cedar to eventually fill out to a 4 x4 (roughly) irregular shape. I'm thinking the Blue Shag would be similar- though those are so small now it will be a LOOOONG time. Any other tips for growing these would be welcomed.

I also bought a Weeping White Spruce and a Picea mariana 'Golden'.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who has put up with my questions over the last year. I would never have had such interesting evergreens in my yard if not for your willingness to 'school' me in all things evergreen.

Comment (1)