SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dansgrdn

Spring garden pics 2, (the blues)

dansgrdn
16 years ago

Abies balsamea 'Tyler Blue'. I got this as a #1 last Spring at Rich's. It has developed into a nice little plant rather quickly.

{{gwi:699430}})

Close up of foliage.

{{gwi:699431}}

Abies concolor 'Compacta'. I purchased this last Spring as a small B&B from Stonewall nursery in Wisconsin. I had some issues with it early on, but it has recovered nicely.

{{gwi:699432}}

Closeup of foliage.

{{gwi:699433}}

Abies concolor 'Watezzii'. Purchased as a new graft from Rich's in Spring '05. The new foliage has just changed from a creamy lime green to blue.

{{gwi:699435}}

Pseudotsuga menziesii 'Blue Lullaby'. It has grown about 1-1.5 inches/yr. Purchased fall '05 from Stanley and Son's as a 4" pot. Cool little conifer.

{{gwi:699437}}

Picea pungens 'The Blues'. Purchased from Coenosium in '05 and moved to its current spot last year. I'm kind of waiting to see what this one does before I decide whether to stake it or not. I hadn't staked plants a lot in the past, but as you can see from some of the pictures, I went a little stake crazy late this winter and have been pleased with the results so far. I hate the look of them in pictures but I think sometimes it's a necessary evil.

{{gwi:699439}}

Finally, my first Winter conifer purchase ever. Purchased late February '07. In my defense it was a nice day. Abies concolor 'Z-mark'. Appears to be a really nice dense broom. Based on its mature foliage color, I expect it to blue-up in a week or two.

{{gwi:699441}}

Dan

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting