SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hairmetal4ever

Trovita orange declining rapidly!!

18 years ago

My Trovita orange has lost all of its fruits in the last month, and most of it's leaves. Right now entire areas of the plant are devoid of leaves and the twigs that have defoliated are drying and dying apparently.

At first I thought it was a light issue-it had just come inside from the sunny outdoors to a 2000 foot-candle HID light environment, that for a week didn't work right (halide ballast failed). But then, as I observe, I notice a few things:

The bare branches appear to have darkened "spots" about a half cm in length on parts of the stems and even on the branches to which the bare twigs are attached

There's a sticky "goo" on parts of the plant, like honey in color but thicker

The plant had a pretty bad infestation of scale this past summer but by August I had gotten rid of it. Could this be latent damage from the scale?

Should I just let it die back as far as it is going to, or prune off anything that is either bare or appears to be heading that direction? If I do that I'll have a very lopsided tree, as for some reason only certain parts of the plant seem affected.

I was going to post pictures, but can't seem to get the pics to actually show good detail as to what I am talking about.

Comments (7)