SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drmeow3

dwarf vs full - need size information

drmeow3
17 years ago

Hi all,

I live in the Phoenix, AZ area and want to put in a Lisbon lemon and a Mexican/Key Lime. Eventually I also plan to plant one of the Arizona sweet oranges (probably Diller or Marrs) and a Marsh Grapefruit. I'm trying to decide whether to get standard, trifoliate orange dwarfs or flying dragon dwarfs and having a terribly hard time finding complete size information about them. I'm hoping you all can help me.

1) Assuming I buy all the same size (i.e., all standard or all the same dwarf), will the 4 trees be about the same size? My impression is that they will be different sizes with Grapefruit being the biggest tree followed by orange, lemon, and finally lime as the smallest but this may just be because I seen more dwarf limes and more standard grapefruits.

2) I understand that trifoliate dwarfs reduce the size of the tree about 50% and flying dragon about 75%. Can someone tell me the expected typical height a standard size tree of each of these four types of citrus is likely to grow to in Arizona? I can then decide which ones to get as dwarfs and which to get standard based on my needs.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-meo

Comment (1)