SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stumps_gw

Miniature fruit/ citiris trees

stumps
17 years ago

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and kind of new to the entire horticultural scene. My girlfriend and I just received a supposed miniature tree package from michigan bulb (we thought it would be an interesting adventure/experiment). We received one lemon, lime, orange and nectarine tree and are looking for any advice as far as general care and how to get our trees to grow as healthy, full and lush as possible. Please take note that I am semi-new to the hobby and am not awfully familiar with technical jargon. But please let me know what I can do as far as supplementing and pruning and transplanting and watering and everything. I live in upstate NY and these will be for the most part, indoor potted trees as the spring and summer growing seasons are (I'm guessing) not the best suited for citris. The trees were shipped to us at about a height of 7-8 inches each and we replanted each in a 2 quart pot with just potting soil. Any advice would be appreciated gang, thanks. Oh, and how big (on average) does a tree have to get before it starts getting fruit? thanks again

Comments (8)