SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kydaylilylady

Piddlin' at it's best on a Sunday

kydaylilylady
18 years ago

Yes, guilty as charged. Sunday afternoon I forced Brooke to piddle with me. I even did it at her house. Was supposed to get there at 6 o'clock but since it had started to rain at noon at my place and I'm west of her I decided to crash her place early.

Found her out in her garden when I got there with this camera that made my kid's little Canon's look like a VW bug next to a Lincoln Town Car. Everything in her garden looks just as good as the picture she posted not too long ago. Bluebells, or at least I think that's what they were, were blooming, pinks and the dogwood looks great right now. Hostas of every size, shape and hosta color were perched in nooks and crannies. Hypertufa troughs line the sides of one of the beds. They're filled with minature hostas. The daylilies are all lush and a heck of a lot more weed free than mine. There are ferns all intersperced with the hostas and Japanese maples and hydrangeas are everywhere. Soon colors will burst everywhere.

Further down in the garden is last years selected seedlings. Down in the "seedling patch" pots are lined up and Jim had set up a watering system that should save Brooke's back a good bit this summer.

It indeed did start raining at which time we retreated to the sun porch which is probably 10 feet or so above the garden. It gives you a great view of everything and I know it's where she is bound to spend a good bit of piddlin' time in the warm times of the year.

Folks, you all need to remember that this is an AHS display garden. They aren't too far off the two major interstates in KY. If you're in Central KY during bloom season I highly encourage you to stop in and piddle with Brooke. Those seedlings are even better up close and personal.

Janet

Comments (3)