SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrmorton_gw

December Journal

mrmorton
16 years ago

Obviously, everyone has been very busy, but I thought it might be a good idea for some of us to air it out a bit.

My grandmother died last week. This will definitely make the holidays a somber affair for my family. She also happened to be the only Grandma Benjamin ever had, as both our mothers passed away before he was born. I had a hard time telling him.

Plus, my mind is now focused on my grandpa, who was married to her for 64 years. I can only imagine the heartache.

The weather(as we all know) has been horrendous. I am constantly worried about Nan, who has a LONG drive to work. I am also a snow plow guy, so I am out at all hours of the night/day dealing with this stuff.

I never really did get the garden 100% winterized. Late fall + sudden onset of nasty weather left me with little time. There are all sorts of things I would normally cut down/trim/remove now sitting under a blanket of snow and ice. I'm sure it will be just fine come spring, but I don't like leaving things undone.

I am just about done with my Christmas shopping. Just need to pick up a few more stocking stuffers for Nan.

I notice Vikki got my card. I sent them out on Saturday, so the rest of you should be getting them shortly. I received my first card yesterday(Thanks Annette!) I figured a little humor could do us all some good.

Well, thanks for reading my ramblings. Whats up with you?

Comments (15)

Sponsored