SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Weekend Trivia - Saturday

14 years ago

Good morning and happy weekend, dear cottagers. We got maybe a foot of snow here in the last 36 hours or so, and I think I might actually have to blow out the driveway today. The first substantial snow of the season always makes for a tough call on whether to blow it out or just drive through the stuff. Sometimes if we wait it out, the weather warms up and it all melts on its own. Also, it hasnÂt been cold enough to freeze our gravel driveway so the blower picks up lots of stones and throws them willy-nilly all over the surroundings. Does this sound like the rationalization of a lazy paerson? Are you getting tired of this monolog yet? Probably yes to both, huh? (No hints are in this paragraph. I was just blabbing.) On to trivia.

I know it will be a shocker, but how about if we make todayÂs trivia about gardening? I will give you three Latin names for some common garden plants and you guess what their common names are. Just to make it more interesting, none of them will be flowers. That would be too easy for cottage gardeners.

So here we go:

1. Phaseolus vulgaris

2. Zea mays

3. Pisum sativum

ThinMan

Comments (10)

Sponsored