SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

Weekend Trivia ~ Saturday

Good Morning After Boxing Day, Cottagers!! I hope that Santa was good to you all!! 'Tis a grey day, a mild day here...we had a green Christmas which suited us just fine!! Good for travelling, as we went to a town nearby for Christmas Dinner. So nice having a dinner I didn't have to cook!!

Not that I mind cooking - I find we are better cooks than those at the many restaurants here in town. Sad really, it's nice to go out for dinner, but only when the food is better. I've practiced up on some Chinese, Indian and other ethnic dishes. It's part of what I miss about living in a big city. I love cooking shows, watching to glean what I can to learn more!! We had a lovely brunch yesterday, that I cooked, and then of course our own turkey!!
French cuisine is a real challenge - learning it is quite difficult, and I sometime envy Julia Child's opportunity to learn in Paris. So many of our common techniques and sauces come from there, which leads me to my question: the French have 5 'Mother sauces'. These are the most common sauces and the basis for the most common sauces used in cuisine. Can you name 2? One will be very easy, 2 not so much!! I will be back with clues, of course.

Nancy.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH