SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fundybayfarm

What is your mix of annuals to perennials?

15 years ago

Hello all,

It seems as though my theory on perennials verses annuals changes often, kind of with the season! I have invested a lot of money on perennials and must admit they often fill in quite nicely when annuals just aren't there, or not enough of them. But it also seems as though the flowers don't fly off the table until the annuals come in full force. I was just wondering what those of you in my zone or similar find the most useful for perennials. I am down sizing my business a bit and am trying to come up with a list of the most useful plants. I have been selling cut flowers for just 5 years and have found this forum to be most helpful. I am also going to list the perennials that I have found to be very useful and that I'll definitely keep.

Painted daisy

whorled yellow loosestrife

coronation gold and terra cotta yarrow

helenium-all colors

gooseneck loosestrife

monarda-red and pink

agastache-purple

phlox-orange perfection, white, hot pink

lilies- as many colors as you have room for but I am now avoiding the OT's because the fragrance is just too strong

delphinium

campanula

astrantia

crocosmia

hydrangea-limelight

peonies

dianthus-biennial

feverfew

Lady's mantle

russian sage

Liatris

centurea macrocephella(?) yellow basket flower

fall aster- ruby red

These are the ones I consider the most useful. Sorry for the long post, hopefully you are all getting to the point in the season you have a little time to respond. I still have so much to do but while I'm out in the field closing things down I'm still trying to plan for next year. Don't we all do that? Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you all.

Cheryl

Comments (11)

Sponsored