SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theoriginalannebert

help! Ideas for how to price flower delivery to restaurant

annebert
14 years ago

Hi all,

I have been growing cut flowers for about 7 years now. With the help of a well-paying day job, I have been enjoying selling at a local Farmer's Market this season.

This weekend I was in a local high-end restaurant treating myself to lunch (because I had to go into the office - a good salary comes with a price...) and possibly motivated by the wine pairings with my lunch, I asked the bartender where they got their flowers (which I had noticed often looked dreadful), got directed to the General Manager, and based on his expressed interest, just sent him an email proposition to supply flowers and maintain them.

I have no idea what to charge! I think my time to deliver, arrange and maintain flowers is worth about $20/hr and I would add the retail price of the flowers on top of that. Given that this is the DC metro area (although a bit far out - Frederick County, MD), that my lunch cost about $40, and the restaurant's chef is on Top Chef this season (which I didn't know until later because I don't watch TV), does that seem about right?

Your suggestions greatly appreciated....

Comment (1)

Sponsored