SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paulns

Charge restaurant more than locals

paulns
16 years ago

That's what a friend here advises. She says the restaurant, which is in a high-end resort that is making an effort to support local organic seafood and produce, and advertises this on the menu, is reselling my produce and making a mint off it, so I should charge them more than I do local people.

I have a very good working relationship with the chef at the resort. He's been one of our best and most reliable customers, and most times comes to pick up the produce himself.

I don't want to have two price lists, but despite everything it's tempting. The chef is happy to pay city prices for our produce, which is organic and excellent quality, always picked same day. He's willing to pay me what I think our produce is worth. Local people on the other hand find such prices shocking and will go miles away to stock up on cheap non-organic.

There are also locals and summer residents who are glad to pay a good price for organic, quality produce.

As you can see, I'm confused. This spring I charged 2.50 a pound for asparagus, which people happily paid, and which I thought was cheap, but charged the chef $3/pound, which was closer to what I thought the aspargus was worth.

I suppose my question is, is my soul damned.

:)

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES